Chapter 71

Henry said something about Charles suddenly inviting him for a drink out of the blue.

When Charles was super drunk along with him, he was mentioning my name. That's what Henry's girlfriend has told him when his girlfriend picked him up at the bar.

Zilly was unexpectedly at the bar at that time with her friends and she was the one who brought him home.

"Are you both friendly with each other now? I was guessing that something bad has really happened with the both of you at that time, which is I assumed you said something that made Charles act that way."

That happened?! I didn't hear anything about that from Charles!

He told me that happened several days after Reese's wedding. So that means it happened several months earlier.

The traffic light has lit red and Henry stopped the car.

"What's the real relationship between the two of you? Making Charles act like that made me think. That event and what Michael has said is quite leading to something."

I'm getting nervous. My relationship is about to be exposed!

"Say, does Charles likes you?"

Boom. He got it right. I'm literally sweating.

"What? No way. He doesn't sit with me well, you know that. I d-don't like him, mind you. " I calmly said.

"You know the old school saying the more you hate, the more you love kind of thing? That's what I'm getting and I really did notice he began to be milder with you."

I don't want him to know the truth!

"If that's true, Zilly and the other girls in the office would go crazy. It will also be a big surprise to all."

"Impossible. He mentioned my name while he's drunk was probably he was hallucinating that he wanted to get back at me for giving my piece of my mind at him." I said.

I did have an outburst while saying all the cruel things he did at me. I used that excuse just now.

Henry looked convinced and said that it makes sense that he changed because I probably gave my piece of my mind at Charles.

He suddenly laughed at me.

"You should be like that. If someone gets on your nerves, give them a piece of your mind." He said.

I'm saved! My secret is still safe!

"Well, if Charles really liked you, getting together would be hard since you don't like him."

Sorry to say but Charles and I are already together even though I hated him.

"If any case you both got together, I think it will be ugly since Zilly is crazy for Charles. However, there's nothing wrong about you getting together with him. Love brings people together, though it will be still a shocker to everyone knowing you both got together."

I asked him if he really thinks Charles has a thing on me and he just said not anymore because of what I said about Charles liking me is impossible.

Henry changed a lot too ever since Charles told him to stop picking on me. He became kinder, I guess?

The traffic light changed the color into green and our journey towards the site has continued.

"Our brand embassador, Subaru or Conrad or whichever his real name is, did you know him way before he began working for us?" He asked.

"Yes, but not that long. I never knew that he was chosen to be the endorser. I became friends with him through Maria Kanbe, the other endorser." I said.