Chapter 81

Zilly is spouting stuff that I don't even understand. As usual, I just listen to it and answer her questions.

The three of us are walking towards the advertising department.

As usual, Athena just listens and doesn't join the conversation between Zilly and I.

I kept glancing on her and she's just being neutral.

However, at some point I noticed she's not walking beside Zilly. I looked behind me and I saw Athena looking at the ground with a long face. She's way behind from us.

I was about to go to her but Zilly grabbed my arm.

"What's wro-" Zilly then snorted at me upon turning her head to Athena.

"Give it a rest already. Come on, let's go in!" Zilly forcefully dragged me into the advertising department with just a few steps away from it.

While I was dragged by Zilly, I suddenly saw Jordan talking to Athena.

Oh yeah, that guy. He has a business here currently.

When the two entered the department, both of them were whispering with each other.

For the first time after my break up with her, I finally saw her smile.

... I'm craving for her smile now, damn it.

After our meeting with the advertising department, I wanted to ask why she looked sad earlier but I suddenly asked how things are going with Conrad. How stupid of me asking this.

Her picture with him from the article suddenly popped out of nowhere in my mind. I was brooding over that for the last days so that's probably the reason why I blurted out asking the both of them.

When she said fine, she suddenly asked how are things with Zilly.

Shit, is this how she still views of me? Well, look who's talking. I also suggested her that she is better suited with Conrad.

I want to mend things over with her.

I still want to make things work with her. I should man up and ask her to spare some time for me to talk things with her.

However, Heathrow-Lewis just took her away from me.

Tsk, that woman makes the worst timing possible. I'll try to talk to her before going home.

My meeting with the top management made me not able to talk to Athena as I saw that Athena already went home.

I got disappointed and thought about texting her to meet up with her but nah, It's better to ask her in-person. I'll try again tomorrow.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Maya seemed too overly excited with her brother's scandal.

I apologized to her that Conrad wouldn't be able to have a scandal if only I thought about Conrad's current status.

"Make your relationship real! Come on!" Maya said this enthusiastically.

"Don't force her, Maya!" Conrad glared at Maya.

We're currently eating dinner at Conrad's house. His home cooking tastes so good to the point that I want a take out of this salisbury steak of his.

"Well, once I settle this whirlwind of emotions going inside of me, I am now open to new opportunities." I said.

Maya asked when will I be open.

"After I quit Dolly's."

There was a sudden silence from the siblings.