Chapter 90

Athena is sleeping in my room.

I'm sleeping in my guest room, just beside my room.

I can't even sleep right now. To think she was the one who wanted to sleep in my house...

I want to see her sleeping face...

I rolled around the bed for several times and I still can't sleep.

That's it. I will just take a peek on her then return to bed.

I went to my room and carefully opened the door. When I opened the door, I can hear a faint sniffling and whimpering sound.

I approached her and saw her being tearful in her sleep.

I snuck beside her then stared at her face.

I gently wiped her tears using my thumb on her cheek.

How can I make her stop crying?

I moved more closer to her and gently rubbed her back. After a few strokes, she stopped whimpering and eventually she is now sleeping soundly.

I can feel her breath rhythm caressing through my neck. It's not uncomfortable, it makes me feel ensured that she is here with me.

Her presence makes me complete. Ahhh... it's too late to turn back time.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up and I looked on my left to see if she is still sleeping.

Oh, she's still sleeping but she is facing away while curled up under the comforter.

I looked at my wall clock and it is 6:13 in the morning. I better wake her up since it is still a weekday. We both have work.

I stood up then went over to the other side of the bed.

Wait, is she sick? Her complexion isn't good.

I placed my hand on her forehead and I felt that she's hot. I got worried so I woke her up by tapping her shoulder to ask her if she feels sick.

She slowly opened her eyes and placed one hand on her forehead.

"... I think so..."

I told her to wait so that I could get my contact-less thermometer from my first-aid cabinet in my comfort room.

I hurriedly returned to her and used the thermometer on her.

"38.1 °C. You currently have a fever. I don't think you can go to work," I said.

She suddenly stood up but I grabbed her arm and told her that she should stay put.

"I-I have to go to work. Zilly and I are tasked to do something today..." she said.

I told her that I can tell Zilly that she can do whatever that task is on her own.

"I'm part of that project so no need to worry. Just tell your company that you won't be able to work," I said.

She was reluctant at first but eventually gave in. She called her company that she won't be able to go to work while I called Zilly to make her do the task on her own today.

Zilly was dumbfounded and asked why am I ordering her to do the task on her own today.

I told her that she is capable of doing it on her own since it is just a simple task. That task is just an analysis report so no need to make her do the job with Athena.

"Oh, so you trust my skills than hers. You really admire me, do you?" Ashe said this in a self-conceited tone.

"Hey, the date I am talk-"