Chapter 68

"I'm waiting for you across the street. I'll bring you home."

I looked at the window and from a far, I saw Charles car parked across this restaurant.

"It's late so I'll bring you home." Conrad said.

"Actually, Charles is waiting for me outside. He texted that he will bring me home."

I pointed where Charles's car was at and then he looked where I pointed.

Conrad looked at me as if he wanted to say something to me.

"Uhmm... is everything fine? He doesn't exhibit any of his past behavior towards you anymore, right?" He anxiously looked at me.

I smiled at him and appreciated his constant worries about me being with Charles.

"So far, ever since he became my boyfriend, he changed totally. I'm gradually getting comfortable with him."

He smiled with relief.

I said goodbye to him and I told him off that I'm looking forward for the book affair on Sunday.

I went inside Charles's car and told him that I was surprised he was here.

"Zilly told me you're with Conrad when Zilly and I were eating dinner together near Dolly's." He said.

She did? That was uncalled for.

I explained to him that it was unexpected that I met up with Conrad after I wrapped up my work.

I fastened my seatbelt. After I settled myself on the passenger seat, I wondered why he still hasn't made the car move.

He was just holding the steering wheel with one hand while he looked like he is thinking something.

I asked what's wrong and he looked at me with serious eyes.

"You should have messaged me that you were having dinner outside. Knowing from other people where you are kind of feel like we're distant."

I was baffled because I already explained that it was unexpected that I met with Conrad.

I apologized to him and said that it didn't crossed into my mind to message him because I was caught up in catching up with Conrad since he has a busy schedule at his work.

"It will just take a minute or less to message me but that's resolved already. More importantly, you just met up with him last month December in Japan. Are there things to catch up on with only almost a month without seeing each other? It's not like you have a one year worth of story to tell him." He said this with an angry tone.

I was kind of irritated.

What's so wrong catching up with him even if we didn't see each other for almost a month? He just don't get it that friends have a lot to tell, even if you didn't see for a day or two.

"He's a close and a precious friend. I can meet up with him everyday if he's just not busy. " I said.

"What?" He suddenly scoffed then laughed at me.

"What's so special about that friend of yours? You will be a burden to him if that's what you'll do. Do you have any other friends aside from that dude?"

I'm getting mad at him. He is lowkey dissing me and Conrad.

"If I were you, I don't want to take up his time and I won't take up his time because I know he is busy and tired from work. You might be inconveniencing him." He said.

"That's not how he felt when we met earlier. We even didn't notice that the restaurant was closing and that means he didn't find our talk a nuisance. I also didn't think it was a nuisance either."