Chapter 76

An unknown number is calling me right now.

The caller introduced himself as Jayden Stein, Charles's older brother.

I began to be nervous thinking about why he called me.

"You were at Le Mont earlier, right?"

He was there? I didn't notice him.

He apparently saw me went I was walking towards the comfort room when he entered the restaurant with his father and mother.

I asked where he was seated with his parents. He tole me that they were in a private room.

He mentioned if I saw a huge guy wearing a black suit standing by the door, that was the room they were at.

So it wasn't a celebrity?! Oh yeah, their father is a politician. It's nothing weird or new if a politician has a bodyguard.

"Are you okay? You looked very sullen earlier."

Shoot. Someone saw me!

"Y-yeah, I'm fine."

"Glad to know. Anyways, I mentioned you to mom and dad. They were wondering why Charles haven't introduced you to them. They wanted to see you soon."

Jayden still doesn't know that I already broke up with his brother.

"Uhm... Jayden..."

I eventually told him that it's not possible to meet the parents anymore because Charles and I have already broken up yesterday.

Upon hearing that from me, Jayden was extremely surprised.

"Already?! Charles didn't say anything! What happened?!"

"It just didn't work out. I'm particularly at fault..."

I told him that it is better to hear the rest of the reason from Charles. I even apologized to him that I somehow hurt his brother Charles.

"No way... you two broke up?"

Jayden still can't believe that I have broken up with his brother.

"I was hoping that you are the end game... but whatever the reasons were for your break up, I want to say thank you for making my brother happy even if it was only a short period of time."

I cried again for the nth time upon hearing that from Jayden.

I'm covering my mouth so that he won't hear me I am crying over the phone.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I'm just lazing around on my sofa and randomly browsing the channels on my TV.

When I landed on a certain channel, Dolly's commercial showing Conrad is currently on TV.

I immediately turned off the TV and tossed the remote on my center table.

"Fuck that shit."

My doorbell suddenly rang and I wondered who rang the bell because I'm not expecting anyone to visit me.

I went to my door and looked at my monitor to see who is at the door.

I was surprised to see my parents and Jayden at the door.

I let them in and Jayden immediately asked why I broke up with Athena.

What? How did he know that?!

"That's the first thing you say the moment you enter to my house?" I said this to Jayden.

"Charlie, why didn't you say you have a girlfriend? You didn't even introduce her to us." My mom said.

"Ugh... I don't want to tell everyone yet." I said.