Chapter 18

It doesn't suit you.

These words keep ringing in my mind. I'm so offended with Charles. I let out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" Reese asked.

Both of us are in our work area glued at our computers. Reese was typing when she heard my sigh.

"Oh, it's nothing majo-."

I suddenly remembered my promise that I should tell Reese anything that is bothering me. I don't want her to get worried about me.

I immediately turned on my cellphone and opened the photo gallery. I showed to her the pictures that was taken last Friday.

"What do you think about my look here. Is it alright?"

Reese got a hold on my cellphone and zoomed the image to my face.

"You're pretty! I liked your curled eyelashes here! You should wear this kind of makeup at work." Reese said.

"The thing is..."

"What?"

I whispered to her and said the things that Charles said a while ago in the car.

Reese wrinkled her forehead and looked at me looking confused.

"What?! That's so cowardly! He's just saying the opposite because he is not used to seeing you dolled up!"

"I've got a feeling he's saying the truth because Lucas didn't even complimented my look. Only Conrad was the one who said I'm pretty... Well, guys have different definition for beauty. I'm not seeking for any compliments but it really hit me when he told me that my look doesn't suit me." I said.

Reese snorted and said "Don't worry. He's just shy. He was just amazed from your look and that's why he said the opposite."

"He bluntly said that it doesn't suit me. There's no hint of embarrassment from his words. I'm so mad at him for being insensitive to me and at the same time I feel so low because he said I don't look good."

Reese gently tapped on my shoulder. "Don't think you're not pretty. You are a pretty person. He's a jerk for making you feel low."

I felt reassurance from Reese's words. My spirits got lighter.

"I really think he is just saying the opposite. However, let me ask you, have you felt anything towards him aside from the negative feelings? Any positive feelings?" Reese added.

I thought all the positive feelings I could think of but only these words could describe him:

"I'm grateful for assisting me with my injury and amazing for his work and..." I still keep thinking what other positive traits and feelings but that's all I could think of.

"That's all..."

Reese chuckled. "Poor him."

"That's what he gets for treating me poorly." I said.

Reese swiveled her chair towards me and looked at me cheekily. "He's heavily sought by the women here at the company. If any case...this is just an assumption but if he says that he likes you, would you accept him despite the horrible things he did to you?"

Chills went down through my spine. "No!" I immediately said this without thinking.

"He's not my type! I don't like his personality!" I said this with conviction.

"I don't care how popular he is but I won't fall for him in any case! Not in a million years that he would like me anyways. Since he is popular, a beautiful, popular and model-like girl would be more likely his type" I added.