Chapter 59

I woke up and I still feel jetlagged. I looked at my desk beside my bed and it says it is already seven thirty in the morning.

Surprisingly, I woke up thirty minutes early before my alarm would ring.

I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

As always, my dad and brother doesn't eat breakfast with us every morning because they are busy preparing the store early.

My mom is currently cooking breakfast. So delicious, I missed my mom's home cooking.

I went to my mother and she was suddenly surprised that I stood beside her.

"You woke up pretty early. You said from yesterday that you'll wake up at eight." Mom said this while making fried rice on the pan.

"Yeah, I woke up before my alarm would ring."

I sat on my seat and my mom placed my portion on the table.

My mom sat in front of me and we both started we eating.

My mom asked about my current job activities as a voice actor.

I told her that I really love my job and I shared to my mom that I am getting more projects lately.

She looked happy and and said in relief that it really looks like that I am enjoying my job.

"I miss Maria coming to our house on a regular basis. She's not coming in lately ever since Maya left for college."

My mom suddenly looked at me as if she wanted was about to say something but she suddenly composed herself from saying anything.

I told her to say what she wants. I'm predicting that she wanted to say about wanting me to get back with Maria.

"Let me guess. You wanted to Maria and I to get back together?"

My mom slowly nodded her heard.

I took a spoonful of my food into my mouth and chewed it then I swallowed it.

"How many times have I told you that we both see each other as friends. She's just like a sister for me."

My mom chuckled and said that she doesn't force me to get back with Maria. She finds Maria into her liking when she was my girlfriend.

Mom, Maria and Maya were very close back then. Maria is still close with our family despite Maria and I are separated.

About my ex who cheated on me, my mom isn't close with her compared with Maria. From the very beginning of my relationship with my ex, my mom and dad wasn't that very friendly with her.

Parent's instincts, huh?

"Then your friend named Athena? Do you really like her?" My mom asked.

I straight out told her that I really like her.

"Kenji was showing some interest on her. Can't believe my sons liked the same girl." She chuckled.

"She seems a good girl. That's why I approve of her if there is any chance that Kenji wanted to go for her. Of course, she's the girl you like so she's out of the question for your brother." She added.

I told mom what my brother and I have talked last night about Athena being the person I like and my brother giving up with his infatuation with Athena.

"Oh so you both sort it out ready. You boys are matured." My mom said this proudly.

"Of course. We're adults already."

"Then it is time to find another lady for your brother."

My mom told me what will I do next since she has a boyfriend already.