Chapter 62

It's December 31st and I am just chilling at Lotus having some coffee.

Charles and I don't have work since the 30th. Dolly's Japan was very generous to let us be off from work that early because they want us to enjoy our life here in Japan more.

I'm currently chatting with Maya while enjoying my coffee.

Charles went out to buy some souvenirs for his brothers. I told him that I could come with him but he said that I should take my time and do something I like.

He could buy those before we go home to America in January... let's respect his decision.

Well, I agreed with him. I want to enjoy my own time so I decided not come with him.

Maria and Conrad is not here as they have radio recordings to be aired after the new year.

It's just me and Maya.

Today's quite busy in the shop. Almost all seats are occupied and I can see Kenjiro, his mother and father are busy attending to customers, especially to customers that orders cakes and other pastries as takeouts.

"Do you want to go to our house and look at some photo albums of my brother?" Maya asked.

I got curious and asked her if it would be alright.

"Of course you can! Conrad would be delighted to let you see his photos."

Maya and I stood up and went to Kenjiro. Maya let him know that I'm coming to their house.

"Sure, why not?" Kenjiro replied.

Hiroaki Imonoyama, the father of the Imonoyama siblings, approached us.

"You are very much welcome to our house!" He said this to me.

Their father is nice and warm. He's just as handsome man just like his sons. However, the two sons look like more of their mother and Maya looks like their father.

He is good in speaking English also.

He looked at Kenjiro and told him to take a day off.

"Mama and I will take things from here. We have another apprentice coming in later so you deserve some rest and have fun with them." Mr. Hiroaki said.

"B-but...!" Kenjiro doesn't look convinced.

"Come on, brother Ken! Come with us and let's make fun of brother Conrad!" Maya excitedly said this.

It would be fun if the older brother would come since he might tell some secrets about Conrad that I don't know.

He now looked convinced and he said that he'll glady join Maya and I.

We're now at their family house. From the store to their house, it took three to five minutes to walk to their house and vice versa... so convenient.

Their house is just ordinary and simple. A family of five can comfortably live here.

I sat down on their sofa while Maya was rummaging through their TV console.

Kenjiro is preparing some snacks to eat at their kitchen.

"Found it! Brother Conrad's photo album!" She raised up it up in the air like it's a holy thing then she sat beside me.

According to her, each of them siblings have their own photo albums. First, we'll uncover Conrad's album followed by Maya then lastly the oldest brother Kenjiro.

As we opened Conrad's album cover, several adorable baby photos of him are posted at the very first page of the album.

"He looks very foreign here, a western baby!" I said in surprise.