Chapter 21

"Here's your things." Charles placed my things he brought from the meeting room on my desk.

I thanked him and he went on to his work area. As I sat down and placed my crutches on my side, I glanced above my cubicle divider in front of me and I saw Zilly squinting over me at a distance acting like she's suspicious at me.

I deviated my glance from her and I composed myself.

One more mission and I can repay her. It's like I'm caught in a highschool drama. I didn't imagine to experience something like this at my age. Acting as a liaison to them might bring me amusement. What should I to do make Charles like Zilly? Do I even have the guts to do that?

I overheard Henry talking on the phone talking about a site visit in our confectionary branch stores. As from what I've understood, he will have someone to go with him.

Henry approached me on my area and he needed me to come with him to talk with the branch manager about sales and feedback of that branch store. It was Reese and I who would always monitor that particular branch and now it's Henry and I who is in charge.

Henry is a new recruit so he haven't talked with the branch manager there yet. Might as well introduce him there.

"Oh, it's time for the regular visit." I stood up but Reese suddenly said something about conflict of schedules.

"Right now? We have a scheduled meeting with the production department later then later with the advertising. Your schedule is kind of overlapping." Reese said.

I just realize that I did have a scheduled meeting with Charles and Reese later with the production department. Oh no, what will I do?

"Is that so? I can go alone to the branch store. You're still in your crutches so that might be a hinder for you to go there." Henry said.

I saw Zilly walking towards us supposedly going to her work area but I called her out to make a suggestion regarding my situation to her.

I suddenly thought of her taking my place for the meeting later and if possible, take over the project with Charles and Reese. This is a perfect opportunity for her to get more closer. However, they have already worked together before so I'm not sure if it will make any difference but it's worth the try.

"What? No wa-." I cut her sentence and Zilly got annoyed at me but I gave her my exaggerated smile to make her read between the lines.

"I have to go with Henry to the branch store as I am one of the persons who monitors that store. I have to introduce him to the branch manager." I added.

She finally realized it and her mood suddenly shifted into a good mood.

"Sure! I can do it for you! I can even take your place on the project." Zilly said.

"You have to ask Sir Charles about that but you are really needed there in that store because you know pretty much about that branch and I'm still pretty new." Henry said.

"Yeah, that's right." Thank you Henry for backing me up! The thing he said was the truth though.

I looked at Reese and she seemed hesitant.

"Ask permission from him. I don't know if he'll allow you since you've already committed for the projected." Reese said.

"I think he will grant me permission. Zilly can do it in my place. She adapts really quick. I'll go and ask Sir Charles now." I said.

Zilly and I went to Charles. We're both standing in front of him while he is seated typing on his desktop computer.

I called out his name and he looked at me then looked at Zilly too.