Chapter 40

I did not sleep well!

With all that happened yesterday with Athena and Maria, I do not have a proper sleep! My head was filled by Maria and Maya's words about me having feelings for Athena.

Naoya is currently driving to drop me off at Dolly's. While on the road, he keeps on asking why I looked so sleepy.

"It's been a while that I haven't seen you looking so sleepy in the morning. Did your routine changed again? Or did you pull an all-nighter practicing your lines again?"

I yawned and told him that I didn't pull an all-nighter.

"It's just that my sister and Maria kept me awake."

"Is that so? What did they did to you?" He asked.

"Their words keep on replaying inside my mind, that's why."

"About what? Got reprimanded?"

"Something like that." I said.

We arrived at Dolly's. I got off the car and when I was about to close the door, Naoya said "Ms. Athena can make you feel energized" and he winked at me.

I got flustered. "What are you saying?"

"Well, you're always looking forward in going here at Dolly's and you would always mention her if you'll get the chance to see her while she's at work."

"W-what? Did I say that?" I said.

"Yes." He suddenly showed me a sly smile.

I sighed and changed the topic. "Go and park the car already. I'll meet you at the meeting room."

I slammed the car door and I went inside the building.

While riding the elevator, I kept thinking what Naoya said. Am I really that obvious and vocal about her?

I got off the elevator and started walking along the hallway. While walking, I suddenly saw Athena through the glass window on my right.

She looks like she's giving a presentation while standing in front of her few colleagues in a meeting room.

How admirable. She looks professional in giving her presentation out. Not to mention, she looks cool.

I watched her for a few seconds then suddenly she noticed me looking at her. Her colleagues are facing at her so no one can see me looking at their meeting room.

I got nervous but I smiled at her.

She returned me with a smile then continued giving her presentation. However, when she faced at her back, I saw Charles looked at behind and we suddenly had an eye contact.

He just gave me a glare then returned his attention at Athena.

I was puzzled but annoyed at the same time when glared at me. Is he mad at me for standing up for Athena?

.
.
.
.
.

The meeting has ended with the PR team. I suddenly received a text from Athena saying that I should've texted her that I have business here at Dolly's like before. She was surprised that she saw me unexpectedly.

I forgot to text her because I was preoccuppied with Maya and Maria's confrontation.

I saw her waiting outside of the meeting room and I approached her.

She looked at me then gave me a surprised look.

"I didn't expect you to be here today. You would always message me if you're scheduled to be here."

I awkwardly lied to her that I forgot because I was preoccupied with work. I don't want to tell the real reason.

"Really? Do you need help with your voice acting again? I'm willing to help you again." She gave me a worried look.