Chapter 51

I'm so immature as hell. Why did I even walked out?

I randomly went to the emergency stairs case. I don't even know why I got here.

She looked so worried for me and I just blew it off.

I let out a deep sigh and I punched the wall with my right fist.

My chest suddenly felt tight whenever I see her, it's crying from pain. This is more painful than the first time I gave up on her.

Smiling like nothing at work, it's painful to see her like that. It looks like she's happy that I let her go. The thing that really makes me mad is about the rumors going on between that Conrad and her.

She doesn't look like she's affected when I gave her up for good, she really doesn't.

I know she's just friends with him but I can feel from that Conrad there's something going on. It's giving me mixed signals.

How about the guy she liked? The other voice actor guy? I have a hunch things are going well between the two.

I loosened my necktie and brushed my hair using my fingers from front to back.

I need to chill. I promised to her that I'm giving her up this time, FOR REAL.

I'm the almighty guy that could easily move on from the girls I've dated before. This should be a piece of cake for me.

I want to go in a bar or something to remove this uncomfortable feeling. Maybe I'll go tonight.

I stretched my arms, fixed my tie and hair.

As I went out of the emergency exit, I came across Henry.

Henry jumped the shit out of him when he saw me.

"Why get startled? I didn't do anything to you, right?" I said.

He seems uncomfortable with me.

"N-no! Ugh... no sir! I apologize again that I was rude to Athena!"

Oh right. I threatened him when I stood up for Athena.

"Hey, wanna join me tonight?" I said.

"W-where to?" He asked.

I chuckled and reassured him that I won't kill him or something.

"Relax. I just need a drinking buddy. You're up to it, right? My treat."

He looked delighted and agreed to come with me.

He asked if there are other people joining.

"Nah, just you. I'm not in the mood drinking with a lot of chaperones."

"Why me of all people?"

"You're the first person I saw when I thought about wanting to drink something to relax and chill."

I friendly tapped his shoulder and reminded him that we're going together later to the bar I frequent to.

I went back to my table and started working.

As I am working, my eyes suddenly shifted at Athena automatically. I felt again a painful feeling on my chest.

I suddenly moved my eyes to another direction, shook my head and looked at my monitor.

I'm still in routine in checking out Athena. This is getting annoying.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Work is finally over for today. Henry and I are on the bar counter.

A platter of fruits was served. Henry and I are currently drinking some hard liquor.

The alcohol slowly taking over my system, so is Henry. However, I'm still within the normal range of my sanity.