Chapter 78

Today's such a bad day.

When I got back from the comfort room, it's already lunch time.

Reese said that Katie invited everyone to eat at the canteen for a bonding session with everyone. Now, Reese is inviting me to eat with them.

I told her that I will be just eat at my desk as usual since I have my packed lunch.

I know where this is going so I'm trying to convince Reese that I'll stay here at my desk. Katie and Miranda will definitely ask Charles what they're planning to ask him. If I went with them, Charles will be there and I'll be put in an awkward position.

Miranda suddenly wrapped her arm on me and begged that I should come with them to eat.

I keep on insisting that I want to eat at my desk but she still won't budge!

Reese said that I should go to have a different surroundings for lunch.

"Reese is right. Come on, come with us!"

Miranda is still pushy! What should I do?!

Eventually, I gave up. I made up my mind that I will go with them. If Charles says everything, I'm doomed.

All of us are in the canteen and started eating our food. My appetite began to decrease while eating as I am worried about Katie and Miranda mentioning my relationship with Charles.

"Hey sir Charles..."

Oh no! This is it... Katie is begining to open that topic!

"Are you in a relationship?" Katie asked.

I began to look only at my food the moment Katie asked a question.

"No." Charles nonchalantly said this.

Zilly, of course, butted in saying that they will be soon be in a relationship.

Charles just laughed at Zilly and playfully told Katie to stop being so curious about his love life.

Miranda finally dropped the bomb.

"You and Athena have some sort of special relationship, am I right?"

I looked up and noticed everyone looked at me.

Henry suddenly told everyone that he asked me about if there was going on between me and Charles.

"Athena denied it. But I did get a feeling that something is going on between the two." He said.

This really getting out of hand!

I looked at Charles and he was just eating his food comfortably! Why isn't he saying anything?!

Henry began to tell his part about what made him think that Charles and I have something in between us.

He mentions of Charles inviting him for a drink at the bar months ago where Charles and I went earlier. When Henry's girlfriend came to pickup him, she heard Charles kept mentioning my name.

I was surprised. I did not know that!

Miranda began to say her stance. She started to tell everything what she has said earlier at the comfort room.

"So that necklace did not come from your friend." Henry said this to me with judging eyes.

I'm beginning to sweat.

"I-I...!"

I don't know what should I say and I'm beginning to stutter. What should I say at this point?!

"All of you guessed it right. Athena and I were in a relationship. Sorry for hiding it from all of you."

Charles said that very nonchalantly. Now I'm really doomed.