Chapter 27

Henry gave me a sly smile then greeted me hello. I returned an awkward smile at him.

"Hey miss V! Hitching for a ride? I can give you a ride if it's along the way to where I'm going."

I got used from him calling me miss V but it stil kind of annoys me a little but its sound is close to B so this is acceptable. However, if he calls me literally the word virgin, I'll make sure I'll make him stop.

"No. It's alright. I just booked an uber." I said.

"Alrighty then."

He was about to roll up his window but he stopped then looked at me as if he remembered something.

"I heard you'll take the responsibility to do a remake of an important document. Zilly and Charles were furious when they learned that you've messed up that report."

He clicked his tongue several times as if I've done a grave mistake while shaking his head slowly.

I sighed "I know. That's why I'm pulling an all nighter today."

"You're such a klutz." He annoyingly laughed at me.

"You know, after you and Reese left the office, when Sir Mark accidentally bumped to Charles, Charles drooped down and crouched on the floor looking in pain." He added.

Henry touched his sides of his torso to demonstrate how Charles looked like when he was in pain.

"It was funny how Sir Mark panicked but Zilly was the one who panicked the most." He laughed.

I got worried. I'm the one who caused that! He looked so normal earlier! There's no hint of pain when I was with him in the office!

"W-what? Really?" I reluctantly said.

He looked at me as if he did not like my response.

"You're not surprised? It's quite shocking, you know. A simple clash that made him falter to the ground is quite intriguing and scary. I thought he's gonna pass out. Sir Mark and Zilly helped him to stand up and they brought him to the nurse's office." He said.

Is it really bad? I hope he didn't break any ribs or something! What should I do?!

"Zilly was very worried at him." He chuckled then said "That would be a good opportunity for Zilly to get more closer to Charles. She's so head over heels with him." He added.

I asked how was Charles and what was the reason that made him that way. Of course I got worried if Charles told the other colleagues that I was the cause of his pain or injury.

"I visited him in the nurses office a while ago and I saw that he got bruises around his torso. He apparently said it was due to his try outs in some combat sports without any protective gears. Sir Mark and I got somehow relieved as we thought he got an accident or had some sort of illness."

Combat sports? Like taekwondo and kickboxing? But anyways, I'm glad he didn't say that I was the one who made him that way.

Henry suddey looked at me like he was suspicious at me.

"You're not wishing him ill intentions, are you? You're not surprised hearing this."

I denied his claims by shaking my head rapidly.

He's taunting at me by saying "Really? He's so scary when he gets mad at you."

"No! I'm not that sort of person." I defensively said.

He laughed at me then said "Okay okay, chill yo! But let me tell you, Zilly is trying her best to make Charles like her back but his attention is always at you, criticizing you. Do I really think what I think it is? Is there something between you and Charles? I find it odd that he's so critical at you though he's also critical with our other colleagues but it's a different level with you."