Chapter 47

Tomorrow will be Reese's wedding.

We celebrated her last moments of being an unmarried lady at a simple restaurant with some of our colleagues a few days back.

Of course, Charles was with us during that time. I tried so many times to speak with him about what happened at department store but he would always brush it off.

It was shameful of me of attempting to talk about that to him during Reese's party but I can't keep still because he would still brush it off even at the office. As if he is unapologetic from what he did back then.

I took a deep breath and exhaled deeply too as I am on my desk typing on the PC.

"What a long sigh."

I looked at my right and Henry was standing beside me with his hand extended towards me with some documents on his hand.

"You sad because your best friend is getting married tomorrow, Miss V?" He said.

"No. I'm not thinking about that."

I received the documents from him and places it on my desk.

"I get it! You also want to get married also but you don't have anyone to be your husband! You're sad about that huh?"

I became agitated. Henry just added my levels of annoyance today. I don't have the energy to talk back to him.

"Oh! I remembered something!"

He squatted beside me and whispered to me "Want me to introduce you to my single friend?"

I moved my head away and faced him.

"What?"

He brought out his cellphone from the pocket of his pants, scrolled to his gallery and tapped a picture of some guy.

When the picture zoomed, I got insulted when I saw the guy's face.

The guy on the picture looks like a monkey and looks like he can hit a woman!

I'm sorry for being judgemental but what does Henry think of me?! Am I that ugly?!

I frowned at him.

"I have standards, Henry."

He snorted at me and said "Come on now, give this guy a chance. He's been itching to have a girlfriend. You'll be his second girlfriend if you agree to date him."

Henry is simpering at me.

Katie, our female colleague, went over to us and asked what was Henry showing to me curiously.

Henry showed the picture to her and told her that he wanted to introduce his friend to me.

Katie laughed and frankly said he is ugly.

"How did you guys became friends? College days?" Katie said.

"Yeah. He's desperate to have a girlfriend. We met recently and asked me if I know some girls that I can introduce to him."

Henry and Katie both looked at me with their mocking smile.

"Take this chance, Athena." Katie is obviously making a face that she can't contain het laughter. She's really mocking me.

"So you wanna give it a go? Maybe he will be your perfect match." Henry's also obvious that he can't contain his laugh.

My anger got into my head. I suddenly shoved away his cellphone from his hand and it fell down to the floor.

Henry looked surprised and he suddenly got angry with me.

"What the hell's wrong with you?! Chill girl!" He said this while picking up his phone from the floor.