Chapter 12

Conrad, Maria and I are walking along the hallway. Maria ranted about the conversation they had with Zilly.

"That lady is kind of rude. I don't like the way she asked us about that. Is she always like that?" Maria asked.

I told her that she's really like that and does not have any filter. I even told to the both of them that she likes to point out some jokes around me.

"I noticed she intensely stares at you during the meeting from time to time. Did the both of you had a fight? She was in front of me during the meeting earlier." Conrad asked.

"What? Really? But I think she's really like that because she is indeed likes to make fun of my personality. I just don't mind it anymore." I shrugged.

"You should have asked her why she's like that to you. Have you asked about that to her?" Conrad said.

"Well, I haven't directly asked her about it but she would always say that I should be a sport whenever she jokes about me." I said.

"Earlier, she's like digging dirt on you. What's even wrong to have a guy friend? On top of that, she's nosy about you. She even told that Conrad is closer than you! I'm closer to you, you know!" Maria said.

I laughed at her and I said she's very cute acting like a puppy back there.

I don't want to tell them that she's not the only one who makes my office life harder. Charles is also one of the people who makes my office life harder.

"On the bright side, I have a good boss, a nice close colleague at my department and a good work company. I couldn't ask for more." I happily said this to them.

Actually, my work place would be perfect if there are no Zilly and Charles around.

"That's good. If she's like that to you again I'll kick her butt for you!" Maria made a fist up in the air. The three of us then laughed.

Shortly, we arrived at the van at the underground parking and Conrad gave me the paper bag with my mangas.

"I'm so thankful to you. I'll treat you some good food this Friday. You can look forward it because Lucas will be with us." He winked at me.

Maria went inside the van and sat on the seat. "I'll be coming with you guys on Friday!" She excitingly said this but suddenly her expression became gloomy.

"I have go back to Japan on Sunday. I don't want to go back to Japan yet." She showed a disapointed expression.

I was surprised and said "You're going back to Japan already?"

"She has another upcoming VA project so she has to go return there." Conrad said.

"Can that project be held here? The Lover's Sun recording will be held here at America, right? Then Maria could request that the recording will be held here in America." I suggested.

"No can do. My project is a special case because Lucas is primarily based here and has lots of projects here so the team will adjust for him. He can't leave his numerous ongoing projects here just to go to Japan. " Conrad said.

"He's right. Most of the chosen VAs for my project are based in Japan so the recording will be held there." Maria said.

"I mean, Lucas is a highly a
sought talent so the team will really be the one to adjust." Conrad put his one hand on his waist.

"Are you based here in America or primarily in Japan?" I asked Conrad.

"50-50. My projects are mainly English dub roles so I'm kind of based here but if I have Japanese dub roles, which I have only few roles to begin with, I go to Japan and stay there." Conrad said.