Chapter 67

This is so annoying.

Charles has a poker face on his face right now as he watches Athena coming up to him.

I was paranoid during the three months that Charles was away for his business trip with her.

I occasionally messaged him during those times but he doesn't reply to my messages immediately.

Athena's seems the same. She must really hate him as she still doesn't acknowledge him.

However, I can notice she's loosened up with him a little bit. What can you expect? She spent alone with him for three months.

That's what I'm worried about. I don't want her to further loosen up because she might fall for him.

She better not go back on her words about hating Charles.

Sir Mark is so stupid! I should've been chosen for that business trip!

If I went with Charles, he's my boyfriend already! That was my ultimate chance to spend with him alone!

I better find ways to make Charles give her up!

Athena's standing in front of Charles while waiting for him to finish his review on the document that she gave.

As he has finished reviewing and giving feedback on the document, I saw Charles brightly smiling at her.

Athena suddenly froze and she looked down then awkwardly went back to her work space.

WHAT WAS THAT?!

I saw her being flustered at him.

Something really happened during those three months!

I better ask some details about their business trip!

Reese is the best option to ask for since she is Athena's best friend.

Charles would get mad at me again for pestering him about their business trip and Athena would definitely not the best option because I'm so fucking annoyed with her right now.

I saw Reese standing up from her chair and went outside of the office with her wallet on hand.

Hmm... she seems going to the pantry to buy some drinks from the vending machine. This is the perfect opportunity to ask what she knows about her best friend activity during those three months.

I followed her going to the pantry and I finally called out her name while she was choosing a drink on the vending machine.

"Do you need something, Zilly?"

I positioned my self beside her and directly asked what I wanted to ask her.

"You're curious about them during their business trip? Don't worry, the one that you're thinking did not happen."

She pushed the button of the drink she chose and her bottled juice drink was dispensed.

"You know, just leave them alone. If they became a couple, why not?" She opened the cap of the bottle then she took a sip.

I was surprised from what she said.

"You knew Charles likes her? I asked.

She just shrugged at me then closed her drink with the cap.

"Why don't you accept that he doesn't see you romantically?"

What Reese has said made me furious.

"Let me ask you, does she likes him back?" I seriously asked.

"Hmmm..." She looked as if she's thinking deeply.

"I don't know. You're dedication to him is so scary, don't you think? You sure you're not obsessed with him?"