Chapter 69

She's avoiding eye contact and her complexion isn't good.

"Here's the file for approval."

She handed out the files and suddenly she was coughing. Her voice is very nasal.

"Athe- I mean Barling, you don't look good." I said.

"No, I'm good." She still isn't making eye contact with me.

I received the files and placed it on my table.

"I'll return it back to you so you can go back to your place."

She immediately went back to her place.

I'm suddenly worried. It never occurred to me that she will stay outside on a chilly night. I shouldn't have left her alone yesterday!

I grabbed my bag and rummaged it to look for a pouch with some basic medicines in it. I swear I still have a cold medicine in my pouch.

I opened my pouch and searched for that medicine.

I was glad to see one so I let it out.

I scanned over the file she gave, placed my signature and I went to her place.

"Here." I placed the file on her table then placed the medicine on the file.

Athena just looked at the medicine I gave her and asked what kind of medicine I just gave.

I suddenly saw Heathrow glaring at me since she is just seated beside Athena. She really is mad at me.

Anyways, I told Athena the kind of medicine I gave her.

Athena continued typing on her computer and told me that she has already taken her medicine.

The way she speaks to me is cold. I really did make her mad.

I sighed and decided to give her some space. I'm also mad at her for deciding that we broke up and regarding to the necklace. She decided things on her own.

I can't clear things up yet since she's sick. I'll talk to her after she gets better.

Well then, I'll go back to work.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Why show kindness now?

I'm still hurt from last night.

Reese whispered to me and said that she messaged Charles for being a jerk.

I chuckled and gave her my thanks for giving him a piece of my mind.

"But you shouldn't have messaged him. It's our problem and I don't want him getting mad at you for meddling with our affairs."

Reese smiled and said "It's not just for you but I wanted to give him my double finger for being a rude bastard."

I sneezed and coughed. I grabbed one piece of tissue on my desk to wipe my snot from my nose.

"Drink what he gave you. You lied about already drinking medicine, right? Don't wait for lunch or after lunch to ask for medicine at our clinic."

I suddenly threw the medicine at my trash bin under my desk.

"I don't want his. I'll ask one from the nurse later." I said.

"Damn... He really made you angry this time, huh?"

"It was really a mistake for giving him a chance."

Lunch came and I stayed at my desk to eat my packed lunch. Reese also had a packed lunch so we ate together at our desks.

I didn't have an appetite to finish my food so I had left over food in my lunchbox.