Chapter 80

I had a long meeting with the upper management regarding my dating scandal appeared on social media sites.

I never thought and imagined that I would reach to a point where I will have a dating scandal.

They asked me who was I with on the photo taken by some of my fans who were at the ski resort last weekend.

I told them everything what happened on that day and of course I didn't tell my exact relationship with Athena except for the fact that we are currently friends.

The management knew Athena since she is one of the people from Dolly's that deals with my projects at Dolly's.

However, Naoya eventually told the management that there is indeed something going on between Athena and I.

I was taken aback when Naoya just blurted that out. With that said, the management had mixed reactions.

I did not get mad at Naoya because he's just doing his job to tell everything to the management.

They told me that since I have rising popularity and my fans are mostly women, I will definitely have backlash with my fans and my popularity might decrease because if I'm in a real romantic relationship with Athena.

I told the management that Athena and I are not in a relationship yet. They didn't react violently about it.

The management suggested that they will release a statement that I am just close friends with Athena and will not say anything about her.

Some management staff suggested that it would be better to declare that Athena and I are currently dating because according to him, if fans caught me going out with her believing that we are friends, it will cause more problems.

I kind of like that idea for my selfish reasons but I'm worried that Athena will definitely be troubled since she is still on the phase of moving on from her past relationship.

He asked me if Athena and I would be together soon and I just said that it would be probably soon.

He added that majority of the fans online are not saying much negative comments about the news.

The management has deliberated their final decision: announce that I am currently in a relationship with Athena.

I told the management that I quite don't like their decision because Athena wouldn't like that idea since we're not dating yet.

They pointed out that it would be of status only and they were convinced that we will date soon but that made me have mixed feelings of delight and worry.

I asked them hypothetically, God forbid, what if Athena and I did not ended up dating for real?

They just told me a simple answer: they will tell the public that we have broken up.

They emphasized that announcing a break up is not quite a big deal compared to declaring us being friends with the real truth of secretly dating for all this time.

Now I am convinced with their idea.

I was surprised the management is supportive with my love life. They also believe that my popularity will not fall drastically.

They added that people will eventually accept my dating news for fans who were not taking the news positively.

However, I was stunned that GT immediately published an article confirming my dating news after I just talked with the management a few moments ago.

I haven't told Athena about what I talked about with the management. I just saw the statement of the management through our official social media accounts.