Chapter 28

Conrad introduced me to her sister and he also introduced her to me.

She's a 19 year old girl who just graduated from highschool in Japan recently. She will be attending a local prestigious university near Conrad's place majoring in economics. Wow, she's pretty smart. It's hard to get in that university.

She has a black, short bob haircut and she actually has similar features with Conrad. Her eyes and face shape is quite similar with his. She also have a slim body and with a height estimate of three to four inches taller than me.

She seems nice and a jolly person. I have good vibes for her.

Conrad went to pick up his sister's luggages outside the door. His sister curiously looked at the food on the table.

"Wow! Carbonara! I miss nii-chan's cooking!" She looked at me and asked if the food was delicious. I said that it was delicious and we're still not yet finished eating.

"Maya, want some carbonara?" Charles asked her while walking towards the dining table.

"I'm already full from the airport food." She said. "Anyways, I hope I'm not disturbing you." she mockingly Conrad.

Conrad pushed her towards the nearby room door and he also pushed her big luggages towards her.

"Go and unpack your things and rest in there if you want to since you might be tired from the long flight." He said.

She was annoyed at Conrad then she pouted. "I want a hug too! I haven't seen you physically since last year!"

How embarrassing, she actually saw us hugging.

She happily hugged him and Conrad did the same. After a few seconds, they unlatched from each other's hug.

"Oh yeah! I forgot something!"

She went to the living room to pick up a paperbag that she brought with her.

She brought out three rectangular white boxes tied with green ribbons each then placed it on the dining table.

"From mom, dad and Ken-nii. They're macarons just for you, freshly made from our shop."

"Your family has a shop?" I asked.

"Yes. Our family own a pastry and desserts shop." Conrad said.

"Really? That's amazing!" I enthusiastically said.

Maya pushed one box towards me. "You can have this one! It's really good, you know!"

"You can take that home." He said.

I thanked the both of them. Maya excused herself and she said good luck to me for the document I need to do.

She went inside the room then Conrad returned to his seat at the dining table.

"You're sister is good at speaking English despite studying in Japan up until high school." I said.

"When I was still in Japan with my family, we both speak English and Japanese at home since my mom is an English speaking person."

"Oh, that's why."

"We better finish our food so that we could start doing our agenda for today." He said.

We continued eating our food. After finishing our food, we started doing the document with I need to do.

I explained everything to Conrad on what we should do. Apparently, Conrad is familiar with the marketing and business terminologies so we were in sync. Thank goodness he's a graduate of a business school.