Chapter 44

Not more than five minutes that she already fell asleep.

I asked if she's sleeping but she was not answering. I carefully removed the blanket that covers her face to see if she is sleeping.

She's sleeping so soundly. That was fast.

She looks cute with her sleeping face. God, I want to touch her cheek and kiss her again.

I.must.control.

My hand is about to touch her cheek but I stopped, thinking that she might wake up.

Thinking back that she agreed to sleep on my lap, did I manage to score a progress to make her like? It would be wonderful if that's the case.

It's even a miracle that she's sleeping on my lap because I know she would definitely reject me again.

I yawned and I think I'm getting sleepy. I looked at the wall clock and it's almost 12AM.

I looked at her sleeping face and wished that we could be together doing this all the time. It's a pipe dream since she still hasn't opened her heart for me yet but I think I made some little progress.

Okay, I better sleep too. There's work tomorrow and I'll bring her home when the rain stops.

I reached out my phone at the side table next to me and I set my alarm at 5AM. I returned my phone to the side table.

I closed my eyes and minutes later, my consciousness started to drift away and eventually I fell asleep.

.
.
.
.
.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the wall clock and it's 4:50AM.

I woke up before my alarm would ring.

Huh?

I looked at my lap and Athena's nowhere to be found.

I first turned off my alarm. I stood up and stretched my arms up in the air.

I called out her name and I suddenly saw her coming out from the hallway at my right side. She's already wearing her clothes that I laundered yesterday.

"Uhm... I'm sorry if I didn't ask permission to enter your laundry room." She said.

"No problem. Good thing you were able to know where it is."

"I didn't want to wake you up. Good thing I was able to remember where you went when you were to put my clothes to the laundry."

I looked at the window and there's no more rain pouring outside.

"I checked the weather update and the storm went away already." She said.

I changed to my casual clothes and grabbed my car keys to drop Athena to her home.

I offered her if she wanted to grab something to eat or order at a drive-thru but she said she prefer to eat at home.

We're now at the parking area. I suddenly noticed that my sister's car is parked beside my car.

The door of the driver's seat opened and it is my sister who got off the car.

"Oh Charlie Charles! Where you going at this early morning?"

"Hey! Don't call me that!"

She laughed then she looked at Athena.

"You're the one who was brought here by Charles, right?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm his colleague. I'm sorry for barging into your house all of the sudden. I was unable to go home yesterday because of the storm." Athena replied.