Chapter 92

I better finish my cake to meet up with Conrad.

He was the one who wanted to meet with me so I am in a hurry to finish my dessert. I wanted to see him too and congratulate him for doing a good job.

"Slowly, hun. You'll choke," said Keanu.

We are at the the table eating our food with my colleagues.

Pat asked if I'm going somewhere and I told them I'm not going anywhere and I just really like the cake.

I did not tell them the real reason because they might tease me for having a quickie or something with Conrad.

The minds of these two are weird but I find it funny. Their jokes are acceptable and real funny compared to the folks at Dolly's.

After I finished eating my cake, I told her that I'm going to the comfort room as an excuse at the left side of the stage.

Should I act that I'm angry at him? Should I act that we are back to normal?

I want to try to act a little at him for not believing me. Then let's try it!

As I am to take a right turn to reach the left side of the stage, I suddenly stopped and hid behind the corner wall when I saw Conrad and Eliana talking to each other.

I took a peek and I saw Conrad leaning towards Eliana then she grabbed his collar and kissed him.

The moment I saw them kiss, I turned away and jogged away.

My chest is pounding hard and I feel like I am hyperventilating.

I stopped and had my left hand prop on the wall to calm me down.

After a minute, I caught up my normal breathing pace.

W-what did I see... is Conrad lying?

Is he faking it on the viral video?

Not again... am I being played again?

I can't stand this anymore. I will not cry for something like this anymore.

I'm so unlucky with relationships. This painful.

I managed to control my mixed emotions and I just thought that I want to go home now.

I don't have the mood to stay here at this party. If only Reese was here, I want to talk to her immediately. She is not in attendance for this party because she is heavily pregnant and it is almost her due date.

I told to my colleagues that I will go home because I am not feeling well because of the monthly girl thing though I am done this month. That is the excuse that just immediately thought of.

I am at the lobby and I am waiting for the uber ride that I booked. Apparently, there is traffic so I need to wait like 15 minutes.

While waiting, I sat on the sofa of the lobby and stared blankly at the huge glass window that you can see the cars and people moving with street lights on.

I stared outside for a while and I heard Conrad calling out my name while he was running towards me.

He sat beside me and asked me why am I going home already.

I did not face him and I immediately said what I saw back at the left side of the stage.

He is desperately apologizing to me and said that Eliana grabbed his collar and suddenly kissed him.

"She said that it was her way of moving on with me. I even told her that if she do things that are beyond boundaries, I will not treat her the same way as I treat her now," he said.