Chapter 83

I'm currently enjoying the company of my colleagues with good food. It's my first time to actually feel this way in a company group dinner setting.

I checked my watch to know the time and it's already 9:45 PM. I decided to go and leave now because I still have to commute going home and I don't want to stay out late at night.

My boss kindly allowed me to go home first with no problems. I notified everyone that I will leave first and I went on my way to my usual commute route but I remembered that my shampoo ran out so I decided to go to a nearby convenience store.

As I went inside the convenience store, I immediately saw the shelf that contains items related for bathing.

I went straight ahead and focused looking for my shampoo brand.

After A few seconds, I finally saw my shampoo brand and I grabbed one bottle.

Hmm... I should probably stock my bathing soap. As I scanned through the shelf, I can't find the soap brand that I've been using so I stepped back to search the brand of the soap one more time.

When I stepped back, I bumped into someone, apologized, and looked at that someone. My heart jumped and I was surprised seeing Charles in front of me.

Charles also looked surprised after seeing me.

"How surprising seeing you here." He said.

He looked at the shampoo bottle I'm holding and I said that I am here to buy something I ran out.

"Correct. My shampoo ran out so I'm here to buy one."

I looked at toothpaste bottle he is holding and asked him if he is here to buy something he ran out also.

He nodded in reply.

There was an awkward silence after he nodded but he broke that awkward silence when he said that I now look different after seeing me earlier at the restaurant.

I asked how different and he said that I looked lively and well adjusted.

"...you became more alluring, too."

I suddenly felt embarrassed and broke eye contact with him.

"Ugh... thanks?" I awkwardly said.

He asked me if I'm going to pay now and I said not yet.

"Okay then. I'll go first then." He said.

He now left and headed for the cashier.

Oh my gosh. Why did I happen to meet him here!

I now continued searching for my soap. After a minute of searching, I finally found the soap that I'm looking for. It is located at the very bottom of the shelf.

I grabbed one, went to the cashier, paid for the items and went outside of the convenience store while holding the plastic bag with the items I just bought.

When I stepped outside of the store, Charles just popped in front of me.

"I can bring you home, if you like." He said.

When I am about to reject him, he took back his words and apologized for saying unnecessary.

Suddenly, an adult man suddenly walked right between us and angrily said we were blocking the walk way. He looked drunk and looked at me head to foot with a maniac look.

I got scared and I suddenly thought that it's scary to walk at night seeing a drunk man on the streets. I need to walk towards the train station three blocks away from here.

I panicked a little bit and impulsively called his name when he already turned around away from me.

He looked at me and asked if I needed something.