Chapter 11

"You still didn't go home?" Charles asked.

I suddenly remembered what he did earlier. I got awkward.

"N-no, not yet. I'm using Uber to go home right now." I'm looking and fiddling at my phone just to pretend I'm using Uber despite that I haven't downloaded the app.

Go away Charles! I'm so awkward today and I'm not in the mood to talk to you!

"Alright then. Be safe when going home." He said.

I'm relieved. He is now walking towards the exit.

"Miss, I can book a ride from Uber for you since you do not have the app installed yet."

I was shocked that the lady at the reception blurted out that I haven't installed the app yet. I think she saw me fiddling with my phone aimlessly. She might also have sensed it that I do not have the app yet.

Charles paused when he was about to push the exit door to go out. He faced back and walked towards me.

"I can give you a ride. I have my car, you know." He suggested but I still strongly rejected his offer.

"Don't make the receptionist have additional work. Think about it." He gave me another of his stern looks.

He's guilty-tripping me! But can't deny that I'm giving her additional work this late at night. It makes me feel that I'm a burden to her. I gave in and went with him in his car.

Yikes. I'm alone with him in his car.

I sat on the passenger's seat and wore the seatbelt on.

"Where do you live?" He asked.

I was take aback and said "No, just drop me off to the train station and that's it."

"I just live in the neighboring town if we're coming from our company. I can drop you off where you usually commute when going home."

I sighed and I said "Okay". I'm too tired to argue with him. I'll let him do what he wants.

We're now hitting the road right now. As he continues to drive, we still haven't talked. I continue to stare at the window on my side and I can feel the awkward silence between us. It's awkward but I'll just ignore it and keep quiet.

A few moments later, he turned on his car music with Ariana Grande's Love Me Harder being played.

I'm internally laughing and at the same feeling more awkward because it doesn't suit him listening to Ariana Grande's songs.

I'm imagining he'll immediately turn off his music as he must made a mistake on his song choice. I'm waiting it to happen but he's still plays the song.

"Hey, back there-" I cut him off by saying "Thanks about earlier. You saved me back there." I know what he's saying.

"You should have made a firm answer to not drink the beer if you didn't want to."

A direct hit. I don't want to talk about this.

"Yeah but I don't want to ruin the mood."

He scoffed at me. "That's the problem. Don't think about what people other say to you over your decisions. That's why people take advantage of you. Say what you have to say!"

Why he's getting mad at me? Don't level me with your confidence! I can't change right away to have a firm personality.

I want to change the subject. It's painful to hear these words coming from him.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"It's about work... Why are so strict with me?" I have finally told him this! I wanted to ask this to him for the longest time!