Chapter 26

I feel so refreshed. I let out my feelings with the help of Conrad.

I crossed my arms then I touched my cheek on the area where Conrad touched my cheek when he wiped my tears.

He's so nice and helped me to voice out the heavy feelings I've been carrying for so long. I feel like crying again but this time it's tears of joy. I'm so indebted to him.

I can see Conrad is rehearsing on the set. The set is designed and decorated like a park. The background is green though but it has all the props to make it look it is a park. There are other extra actors hired for the commercial.

"Athena!" Reese called out my name and went to stand beside me.

"I'm sorry I'm late! The meeting went longer than expected." Reese said.

"I took care what the advertising wanted us to do so we'll just stand and watch the shoot." I said.

"Oh really? I'm sorry I wasn't able to help."

"It's okay. It's nothing major."

I noticed she was staring at me. I can feel she'll notice that I have a post crying eyes.

"Your eyes looked tired." She squinted her eyes as if she suspects that something indeed happened.

I began to tell her what happened earlier. As I was telling her all that happened, her eyes widened and covered her opened mouth with her hand.

"You just exploded in front of them?!"

I nodded at her.

She friendly slapped my arm and praised me that I've finally found the courage to say everything I felt for the past years.

She hugged me at the side and happily said "Good job".

"They will both change their attitude towards you now" She added.

I mentioned to her that I will be redoing the needed document tomorrow and I'll do an all nighter with Conrad at his house.

I have already received a go signal from my parents but I told them that Reese will go with me. I told Reese that I made her as an excuse for the sake of my parents allowing me to work in a place where a man only lives alone. My parents will surely not approve of me working alone with a man who lives alone at his house.

Reese said it was alright for me to use her for my excuse. She asked me if I need more help but I refused because the mistake I caused was purely my mistake and I don't want to trouble her.

"I wonder where did Sir Charles go?" I asked. "I hope he's reflecting what I've said to him. He must be here with us, actually."

It will be now awkward to be with him. I don't know if I'll act the same way again towards him but I really want to totally ignore him except for work reasons.

"Speak of the devil." Reese pointed out using her head at Charles walking towards us. As I looked at him from afar, he still looked the same as if nothing happened.

He stood beside me and crossed his arms as he faced looking at the rehearsal going on in front of us.

"Have you cooled down?" He asked.

I got annoyed upon hearing that. He didn't seem apologetic. His arrogant and blunt attitude towards me is still there!

I moved sideways towards to my left to go stay away from him but I didn't realize Reese was on my left.

Charles suddenly grabbed my right arm and pulled me towards him as I was about to bump on Reese.

I yanked my arm away from his grip and I moved to Reese's other side which makes Reese positioned in between Charles and I.