Chapter 58

Oh shoot. I forgot to message Maria that I have arrived here in Japan.

She walked and stood herself beside me.

"I can't believe that you're here! Why didn't you tell me?" She excitedly said this to me.

I was astonished by her excitement and from her sudden appearance. She suddenly looked at Charles.

"It's been a while, miss Maria. Quite a surprise to see you here." He professionally smiled at Maria.

"Yes, it's been a while. Why you're both here?" She then looked at me asking for my answer.

"We're both here for work. We will be staying here for three months." I said.

She was delighted that I am going to be staying here for that long.

I told her that I was meaning to message her but wasn't able to because I was jet lagged and I slept for hours.

I asked if she is planning to dine here and she said yes. She just came from work and told me she was craving for sushi.

We offered her to sit with us. She agreed and she settled with us.

"The both of you are like on a date!" She joked.

I got nervous and contemplated whether I should tell her that Charles is currently my boyfriend now or not.

When I was about to say no, Charles played along with Maria.

"Do we seem like it? That's great then." He confidently said.

I suddenly gave Charles a cold stare to signal him to not say any further. I'm not yet comfortable making my relationship with Charles be known to some of our acquaintances.

"Oh, you seem to really like Athena then?" She said.

I panicked and I changed the topic.

"C-Conrad has getting major VA roles lately. It's amazing, right? How's your VA roles lately?"

She said that she currently has a VA role in a movie and a radio program promoting the anime that is currently airing on TV.

Phew, that was close. I managed to divert the topic.

The three of us continued eating our sushi and we conversed a little bit until we were full from eating.

We paid for our food and we now went out of the restaurant and stood in front of it as we are getting to our separate ways.

Before Charles and I separate with Maria, Maria told me that I can call her anytime if I wanted to tour around the place.

I agreed then she walked away.

"You almost said something unnecessary to her..." I said.

"Why not? She's not an employee from our company that could spill our relationship." He said.

True enough.

He looked at me then gave a nonchalant look.

"I'm proud of our relationship. I'd like it to be known to our colleagues if you're ready."

I suddenly feel flustered.

"Do you still find it hard to accept me?"

I wasn't able to immediately answer me. I don't know what to say to him. My heart feels confused and painful.

He suddenly held my hand endearingly.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer. I will definitely make you feel I'm worthy for you. I'm still grateful that you gave me a chance."