Chapter 38

We returned to the office and started working as usual.

I looked over the cubicle divider in front of me and glanced at Charles's work area from afar. He's intently looking at his monitor.

Gosh, my past memories with him and the talk I had with Reese makes me all conscious all of the sudden.

Am I deserving to be his girlfriend? My looks are not at par with him. I might get looked down or he might be looked down by others because of how cruel people are in judging others.

I'm also dedicated with Lucas! We also have some progress in our relationship though I don't know if he likes me but I think he likes me too! He's nice, considerate, likes pets, and...

Charles suddenly glanced at me and our eyes met. I went to panic mode and then I immediately looked down to my computer keyboard.

Now that's awkward! Okay, I should come down. I think this is the first time I got awkward with just looking at him from afar. I was caught off guard when he glanced at me too.

I calmed down myself and I'll try to take a glance at him again discretely. If I will catch him glancing at me, Reese is telling the truth that he would look at me from time to time.

Okay, this is it! 1, 2, 3!

When I glanced at him again, he's already looking at me! To my surprise, he subtly smiled at me.

I looked down again on my keyboard. Now I'm extremely ashamed of what I did just now.

Reese telling the truth. I just can't believe this.

Or maybe he's looking at Henry? He's just behind me and I just assumed that he's looking at me.

I swiveled my chair towards the back and Henry isn't in his area.

Where's Henry? I scanned the area with my eyes and he's at Sir Mark's cubicle near Charles's area.

This can't be. Maybe he's just looking at my female colleague behind Reese. That must be it.
.
.
.
.
.

It's time to go home and I'm fixing my things on my desk. As I am about to put some things inside my bag, Reese told me that she'll be going ahead first because she'll meet up with the wedding organizers.

She said goodbye then hurriedly went outside of the office.

As I put my things inside my bag, I stood up from my chair, pushed my chair towards my desk.

When I was walking towards the exit door of the office, Charles suddenly called out my name.

I stopped and looked behind me. He gestured me to get closer to him at his work area.

What is it now? I'm feeling nervous all of the sudden.

I went and stood in front of him.

"Yes?"

"Want to go to a bookstore together today?" He asked.

I was baffled from his question.

"I just wanted your recommendations. I've been wanting to have a new hobby, specifically reading comics." He said.

I got excited when I heard comics. I asked him what kind of comics: the American or the Japanese one.

"The kind that you were looking for when we last met at the bookstore. Manga is the word, I think."

I was about to agree to go with him but I suddenly declined him. I got conscious all of the sudden and made an excuse that it's Monday today and I don't want to splurge any money during Mondays. I might get tempted in buying several manga books.