Chapter 66

Mila and Hiroaki, Conrad's parents, gratefully accepted my gift.

"You shouldn't have troubled yourself in giving us a gift. This looks expensive." Hiroaki said.

"It's alright. I've received plenty of generosity from you. I hope you like the wine."

He smiled and told me that I'm very thoughtful.

"Too bad you're going back in a few days. Did you enjoy your stay here in Japan?" Mila asked.

I said to them that I really enjoyed my stay here in Japan. I even said that I wanted to stay here forever.

"Then you will be always welcomed by us whenever you visit Japan again. You're a special friend of our children so visit us anytime." Hiroaki said.

I felt very warm when they said that to me. They're very kind.

"Aww... Kenjiro will miss your fascinations on his artworks." Mila jokingly said.

"Stop that mom! Conrad will get mad at me!" Kenjiro said this while wiping the windows of the store.

Mila laughed and happily apologized.

"Speaking of Conrad, what do you think of him? He's a nice kid, right?" Mila said.

I nodded and told them my impression of him. He's very gentle, considerate, helpful, and he'll definitely be there to listen if you need someone to talk to.

His parents looked delighted upon hearing my impression of him.

"You know, he's been cheated on by his last girlfriend. Conrad's too nice and that's why the girlfriend was able to cheat on him. You, as a friend, do you think he's too nice also?"

Mila's cheerful tone became serious.

Do I think Conrad's too nice? I knew he was cheated by his last girlfriend.

"Yes, he is indeed too nice but I think he has what it takes to regulate it now thanks to his past experience. In any case that he get's too nice again, I'll be there to give him a lecture. That's what are friends for, you will also help them for their own good."

Mila looked reassured then smiled at me.

"I heard from Maya that Conrad's been eating regularly and isn't hard on himself lately. It was you who made positive changes in him. We really appreciate it." Hiroaki said.

They looked really thankful at me and it really made me embarrassed.

"N-no. Not really..."

"We'll be happy if you continue to be there for him." Kenjiro said this and came up to us.

I suddenly felt the urge to be a good friend for Conrad that he can count on.

I said my goodbyes to the Imonoyama family and I told them that I'll definitely visit them if I have the opportunity to go back here again.

I went out of the store and then went back to my apartment.

.
.
.
.
.

I suddenly woke up from my phone's ringing. My phone is beside me on top of the table beside my bed.

My eyes hurt from the light of my phone. I tried to open my eyes to look at the screen to see who is calling me. It was my mom calling me for a video call.

I turned on the side lampshade beside me.

I answered my mom and asked why she called at this hour lethargically.

"Listen listen! Athena just gave us a gift! A bottle of red wine! What a thoughtful girl!" My mom said this very chirpy.

My mom just showed the bottle of red wine.