Chapter 73

Maya toured me around her campus.

While walking around, she asked why my plans changed and I just told her that it was a last minute change of schedule.

She didn't asked further and we started roaming around her campus.

It's really like a festival of some sort. There were many booths and stalls everywhere.

You can play games, eat delicious food, and even watch movies!

"Want to watch a film directed by the film department? It actually won an international award in France. It's actually a hype these days.

"Really? Sounds good!"

We are in the lecture hall and it really reminded my university days. This lecture hall is much better than in my university since this school is much prestigious. My university is just average.

An announcement was broadcasted over the speakers saying that we have to turn off our cellphones or place it in silent mode while the film is ongoing.

I set my phone into silent mode and after a few minutes, the film started rolling.

The film lasted for almost two hours and I can say that the film deserves an award. It's heartwarming and the storyline was excellent.

The film was all about a friendship between a friend from elementary that turned sour but eventually turned for the better in the end when they were adults. The ending was unexpected, actually.

As we went out of the lecture hall, a female student went up to Maya and told her that their volleyball exhibition will start soon after lunch.

"Roger that!" Maya said.

Her schoolmate ran off then I asked Maya if that schoolmate has the same program as hers.

"She's a second year with the same degree program as I am. We have a volleyball match with the marketing department." She said.

I got intrigued when she said that there will be a match between her department and the marketing department.

"I want to watch it! Can I? Makes me want to cheer for the marketing department."

She joked that I'm a traitor for wanting to cheer her opponent than her.

"Well, I'm a marketing graduate so..."

She laughed and was determined to beat her opponent.

I looked at my watch and it's already 12:10PM.

Maya and I decided to buy food from the stalls and eat at the al fresco dining area.

As we were eating our cheese burgers and fries, I asked what time will the pageant will start.

Maya said it will be held at four in the afternoon.

"Brother Conrad will arrive here after his magazine interview. I hope he'll make it before the pageant starts."

I was wondering how Conrad was chosen to be a judge for her university's pageant contest so I asked Maya. She said that a certain classmate of Conrad from his college days became a newly professor at this university. His classmate invited him to be a judge for this year's pageant.

"Our university invites one or two media personalities yearly to judge our one of the biggest events, that is the pageant to select our university's best man and lady. Apparently, brother Conrad was chosen this year to be a judge."

Amazing. It will be fun to see him being a judge!

"Brother contemplated at first if he will accept his classmate's offer since he is quite busy lately but he eventually did accept the offer for old times' sake. They were quite close during their university days and he also graduated with a marketing degree the same as brother." She added.