Chapter 79

"See? Your balance is still off." He said.

"Yeah... At least I managed to skate without your help."

He smiled and he said he'll continue to guide me towards the other side of this frozen pond.

When we reached towards the other side of the pond, he brought out something from his pocket.

"Happy Birthday." He then handed out a small, purple drawstring pouch.

I happily thanked him and said that he should have handed out the gift after or during our dinner.

"We will be all tired after dinner and... uhm..."

Conrad suddenly looked flustered.

"... I really wanted to give it to you now and I can't wait anymore..."

I felt touched when he's acting embarrassed in front of me.

"I-is that so? Can I open it now?" I asked.

"Sure."

I opened the pouch and I brought out a circular hair barrette with small, white pearls outlining it.

"It's pretty!" I said.

"You would always wear small hair barrettes on the side of your hair so I thought you like wearing them." He said.

I removed my current hair barrette and I replaced it with Conrad's gift.

I asked if it looks good on me and he gave me his two thumbs up.

"You look beautiful." He then smiled at me.

My cheeks suddenly felt hot and I told him to stop embarrassing me.

"You look cute."

I slapped his arm and repeatedly asked him to stop embarrassing me.

He laughed and apologized to me.

"L-let's skate some more." I suggested.

We skated one round on the ice and we took pictures together with all the lights surrounding us.

Before coming to an end with our skating, Conrad pointed out that we had a picture together before, with beautiful illuminations just like this one.

"You even gave me the sheep plushie during that day. How nostalgic." I said.

"Oh yeah, I did." He said.

When I told him that I sleep with it with my favorite raccoon plushie, he suddenly froze at me.

"What? Is there something wrong with it?" I asked.

"You can slap me for this but it's just that I felt happy and valued for sleeping with the plushie I gave you."

Conrad is now acting all embarrassed. Seeing him like that makes me a softie...

"It's c-cute, that's why I wanted to sleep with it."

Conrad and I returned the ice skates. We're now headed for dinner.

We had a delicious dinner and the three surprised me a small cheesecake with a tall, lit candle on. the middle of the cake.

I felt so touched for the three of them giving me a simple surprise on my birthday.

I'm really glad that my birthday landed on a weekday. For the last two years, it landed on a workday. It really stressed me out because you are kind of obliged to give my colleagues a blowout whenever you have your birthday.

It's not really required but if you don't give something good to your colleagues, they will talk ill to you.

Last two years ago, I brought cupcakes to all of my colleagues but they were lowkey saying that it's not enough.