Chapter 72

It's Friday and I want to fast forward the time so that it could be Saturday.

Athena and I will have our quality time together at my house tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

"Hey Charles, don't forget our dinner later." Zilly winked at me and she walked away holding her coffee mug.

"Don't do that here!" I said this while she was walking away to return to the office.

I'm currently in the pantry drinking some coffee in can.

Jeez, can't wait to tell her later that Athena's my girlfriend so she could stop those cringe worthy actions.

Athena came in suddenly to the pantry.

"Oh hey." I said.

She just smiled and went to the vending machine. The table where I am at is just beside the vending machine.

"See you tomorrow." I said.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

She grabbed her drink from the vending machine and went out of the pantry.

Pretty excited for tomorrow in spending time with her.

I stood up, gulped the remaining content of my coffee and threw it at the trashcan.

Now then, time to return to my work.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Zilly and I drove our own cars to the place where Zilly decided to have dinner with me. The place is a hotel-restaurant.

This hotel-restaurant is owned by the family of Kamiya, my childhood friend that I met last year at his family-owned hotel.

We both settled ourselves on our assigned table and we ordered food.

While waiting for the food we ordered, I told her my real relationship with Athena.

Zilly looked surprised and I was expecting that she might go berserk but thankfully she did not react that way.

She sighed and told me that it's my loss for not choosing her.

"You were the one who gave that necklace, huh?" She asked.

"Yes, I was the one who gave it to her."

"So she lied to me."

"Of course she has to because she doesn't want unwanted attention."

She looks relatively calm, actually.

"Could you now stop getting your hopes up in being with me?" I said.

She chuckled and said that I'm too advanced and we better eat first before going into details.

I agreed and we talked other things instead while waiting for our ordered food.

A few moments later, the food arrived and a bottle of wine was served to us.

As we were eating, I resumed our topic about her feelings for me.

I frankly said that I clearly don't have any romantic feelings for her.

She suddenly looked sad and said "you are probably tired of hearing this from me but I really hate the fact that you chose her over me. If you have liked another girl that is better than her then I have given up on you much earlier."

"No matter what you tell me, my mind and heart won't budge from her. She's not perfect but to me, she's the best from all the girls I've met so far."

Zilly took a sip from her wine glass and looked at me with desperate eyes.