Chapter 20 DDOS (2)

Lin Xun’s movement stopped, looking at the two words, it took him two seconds before realizing that he was holding his breath.

He felt his knuckles stiffen, and his fingers hovered over the screen for another three seconds before answering the call.

“…Hello.”

Dong Jun’s voice was still the same, a little low, like wine – it was mellow, but the texture was cold, its spirit mixed with ice: “You’re not working?”

Lin Xun felt a little suffocated.

Is this an inspection from the capitalist?

He answered truthfully: “I’m watching the press conference. Your speech was very exciting and the concept film was also… shocking.”

Speaking of this, he continued to say, “I thought you wouldn’t reply and I didn’t expect you to call me, if it interrupted you…”

“Not at all.” Dong Jun on the other end of the line then said: “I will take a break after Nutshell is released. Then I will consider…Nutshell 2.0 or something.”

Lin Xun said: “To be honest, I’m curious about Nutshell’s R&D cost.”

Dong Jun’s voice seemed to carry with it, a smile: “At least I won’t go bankrupt.”

Lin Xun chuckled and he said: “But buying it may make me go bankrupt.”

Dong Jun: “Do you like playing games?”

“Me, not so much. I play very little, but my roommates like to very much.” Lin Xun said: “I’m also curious about the experience.”

Dong Jun said: “It should not disappoint you.”

Lin Xun thought: I guess I’ll never know, because I can’t afford it.

But on the surface, he still had to be polite: “Well, I believe in Galaxy.”

Dong Jun: “How is the progress of you work on Luo Shen?”

Lin Xun: “We’ve found a suitable programmer, so it’s going well. I am personally doing an optimization algorithm, and we’re progressing normally.”

Dong Jun said lightly: “If you have any difficulties, you can come find me.”

Lin Xun: “Okay, thank you.”

So far, he could still handle the difficulty of the current job. If an epic problem really does occur, he may really need to ask Dong Jun for help.

“I wish you all the best.” Dong Jun’s wording sounded very official, but then he suddenly changed the tone of his next statement, wording it lightly: “On Saturday, we’ll be showing a science fiction movie at the Galaxy Building. I was thinking…would it be possible to invite you to watch it together?”

“Eh?” Lin Xun couldn’t quite comprehend the meaning behind Dong Jun’s invitation and was unable to respond promptly, “I…”

Dong Jun: “What’s wrong?”

Lin Xun: “I’m just a little surprised.”