Chapter 78 Compression (5)

The restaurant had great lighting and was quite spacious. The view from their seat was also very good. You could see the city view of the tall buildings from the inside, and the entire corridor could be seen from outside.

"There is an emergency corridor. No one has used it for 800 years." said the wicked trainee, with a little whiny.

Agent Xie said, "He ran down the emergency exit?"

Lin Xun sat in Qi Yun's position, looked at the opposite side and said, "That should not be the case."

Agent Xie, "Then where else could he have gone?"

A trainee said, "Why don't we call the police?"

Agent Xie, "The impact will not be good, let's find him ourselves."

At this moment, the baby-faced trainee who volunteered to look at the emergency exit also came back.

"The door handle is full of dust, no one should have been there."

Agent Xie, "What if he kicked the door?"

"I remember he didn't run in that direction either."

Lin Xun and Chang Ji looked at each other.

Lin Xun got up and walked towards the window, and Chang Ji followed him.

Lin Xun looked down from the window.

There was an artificial lake—which was quite big—with some lotus leaves floating.

He asked, "Your lake?"

He thought it was quite strange. Usually, no one would build a pond covering such a large area as a landscape in this kind of business district.

Agent Xie said, "It's the lake of our company."

Lin Xun was a little curious, "What is your purpose for building the lake?"

"I know." The wicked trainee said.

Agent Xie, "Don't you say anything."

Lin Xun looked at him and then at Agent Xie.

"Sir," he said, "or should we call the police."

Agent Xie frowned and glanced at the trainee again, as if he was giving him permission to speak—it seemed he really didn't want to alert the police.

The trainee then said that it was not a lake six months ago, but a parking lot.

Someone had died there. For reasons that were not easy to say, a starlet jumped off this building, died a horrible death, and the blood also stained the boss's car.

The boss was a little uncomfortable about this, plus a bit of inauspicious things happened, so he asked a Feng Shui master to look at this place—the master finally concluded that they had to build a lake; thus, the lake was built.

"The main purpose is to ward off evil spirits, so they planted lotus flowers and raised some koi." The trainee finally said.

Lin Xun took another look at the lake.

He said, "The koi are a little fat."

Both the agent and trainees came to the window and looked down.

Lin Xun also continued to look.

At first glance, it's true that you couldn't see anything strange. But at a second glance—it would give you a jolt when you noticed the oddities.

From the center of the lake to three-quarters of the lake's diameter—an irregular area, the water's color was very dark, compared to that, the color of the surrounding circle of water was very light.