Chapter 52 Duplication (3)

Since master Huo said to wait, so they waited. The older woman made tea and entertained them. As the master's disciple, Lin Xun also gained half her respect.

He looked around the house while waiting.

Perhaps because of the dampness in the bathroom, the ceiling sagged, and there was a layer of green mold at the corners, combine this with the sound of water dripping from behind the wall, it was quite scary.

The room was not big; the furnishings were simple, and some children's drawings in ordinary plastic frames decorated the walls. In fact, out of all the things in the entire room, only one thing caught Lin Xun's attention.

It was the picture on the desk.

In the black frame was a photo of a woman holding a child.

Ming Ming, who was now lying on the bed, was the child in the photo and looked about two or three years old when they took the picture. The woman holding him had on a pair of small black earrings and had short hair—an uncommon, unusually short bleached yellow hairstyle. She looked around thirty-five years old, with two laugh lines on her face, her eyes were big but fierce, and the lower eyeliner had been drawn very heavily — thanks to Lin Ting, Lin Xun also knew what "lower eyeliner" was.

At the same time, her lipstick was thick and heavily applied. She wore a red short-sleeved shirt and sweatpants — Lin Xun didn't know how to describe it, but he could only say that this was a woman who mingled in a certain kind of society and had a mundane atmosphere, like a gangster boss' girlfriend.

Huo Qingshan obviously noticed it too, and he asked, "Is this the child's mother?"

"My daughter." The old lady said, "She rarely comes home."  

Huo Qingshan looked down and nodded, indicating that he understood.

Lin Xun clearly identified Ming Ming as a left-behind child in his heart.

The waiting time was long, so he took out his phone and fiddled with it a few times.

The chat group 'the family loves each other' was very lively. Since devils struck more frequently at night, midnight also became the most active time for everyone to carry out their devil eradication activities.

People in the group were either exchanging information or sending messages to announce how many devils they had killed.

A message stood out from a bunch of reports.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: Three evil seeds from Tiandu Media have been killed

Xiaoyao Zi: 👍

Lin Xun, "?"

Qi Yun, the undercover agent was this authentic and dedicated?

He poked into their private chat.

After the hot search incident that day, Qi Yun had been sending him messages asking about methods on how to buy a hot search, but Lin Xun had not yet returned to him.

A happy pointer: Have you decided to become a good person?

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: If I can enter the fourth floor of Chaoyang community unimpeded  I will be able to retrieve the artifact for Master

A happy pointer: Even now, I'm certain you won't be able to get it.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: ...

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: So where did you find your sugar daddy

Lin Xun suddenly wanted to show off.

A happy pointer: A gift for fostering a cat.

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: Are you making a fool out of me

A happy pointer: Yes. It's actually because I am cute. 

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: 🤮

Ji Yan Sect-Fei Hong: These old men and rich women have seen so many beauties and I advise you not to be complacent  Our sword cultivators would never do such things

This person not only typed without a period but also used spaces instead of commas, and Lin Xun's sudden desire to chat fizzled out just like that.

He sent Qi Yun a goodbye meme and quit the chat.

He started to study hard and read the paper for nearly an hour; it was very insightful, so he kept it and planned to use it as a conversation topic the next time he chats with Dong Jun.

He was very accurate. After reading the paper, the second hand inched slowly, trembled for a few seconds, before the clock struck twelve.

The child's body shook violently.

The world suddenly became silent as if they were enveloped by a vacuum, and only the sound of dripping water next door was particularly clear.

One drop, two drops, three drops.

Ming Ming's breathing became rapid as he lay on the bed, his eyes moved uncontrollably, moving repetitively sideways, up and down, and in a circle, his lips were cyanotic, and his hands and feet twitched unnaturally.

As time passed, his convulsion became more severe, and just when Lin Xun was at his limits of resisting the urge to dial 120, he screamed, "Ah!"

The older woman shivered. "Just... like this."

Ming Ming's body curled up, and at a certain moment, he let out a sharp scream, then his limbs stiffened, and he rolled from the middle of the bed to the side.

——Such behavior seemed to indicate that an invisible person was violently lashing his back.

The child's cry became louder, his fists clenched, and his body bent into an unnatural posture.

Lin Xun furrowed his eyebrows and watched his movements.

One, two, three...

Although the child's movements were very intense and crazy because of the violent convulsions, they were rhythmic.

Lin Xun looked at that wall.

In the next second, Huo Qingshan cast his eyes towards the wall as well.

Lin Xun took out the keyboard from his backpack and held it in front of him.

In the next moment, Huo Qingshan's eyes flashed!

He suddenly got up from his chair!

The door of the room wasn't locked and was opened by Huo Qingshan.

Lin Xun followed closely.

He saw Huo Qingshan kicking towards the bathroom door!

At this moment, he quickly knew what to do. After a little estimation of the bathroom layout, he fumbled around the door frame with his right hand and turned on the bathroom light in the next second.

The light came on, and his heart beat wildly in the next moment.

Behind him the older woman screamed. "Ah!"

There was a figure – a pure black shadow without a definite shape; it had an elongated body with slender limbs.

It half bent from its waist, its right hand – more accurately, a part that could barely be called the right hand, took an ax-shaped object and tapped it against the wall.

Water continued to drip from the faucet next to it, either because it was broken, or not properly tightened. And this thing swung its ax and pounded on the wall at the same frequency as the water droplets.

Huo Qingshan shouted, "What the hell is this evildoer!"

He held up the Bagua mirror in his hand, and a golden light seemed to flash from the mirror, piercing the dark shadow!

The black shadow stiffened, stopped, and slowly turned its head – well, maybe not the head, but just a black head-like shadow.

In the next moment, it rushed towards Huo Qingshan.

Huo Qingshan raised his palm, preparing to meet the enemy.

But the black shadow had no form, and just like a virtually projected 3D image, it directly passed through Huo Qingshan and struck towards Lin Xun.