Chapter 77 Compression (4)

Lin Xun asked Chang Ji, "What can have these skills?"

"Demons and devils." Chang Ji said.

Lin Xun, "Humans can't?"

Chang Ji, "Someone practicing the evil arts might be possible."

Lin Xun, "In short, not good people?"

Chang Ji, "If this person is above the realm of Nascent Soul, it is also possible." He said a few more words, "The Nascent soul realm has Yuan Shen, which enables you to move between boundaries and travel a thousand miles in an instant."

Lin Xun thought about it.

He continued to ask, "Then brother, what is the key to getting into Gold Core period?"

Chang Ji looked at him. "Didn't you just reach the Foundation Establishment period?"

Lin Xun rolled his eyes. "I'm just thinking."   

He continued, "I have learned to compress my spiritual power into a solid state, but I don't know what to do next."

Chang Ji said, "You're almost there."

Lin Xun also knew that he was close.

Before the system broke, his progress bar for the Gold Core period stopped at ninety percent, but he was uninspired. The biggest stumbling block preventing him from improving his cultivation was not a lack of knowledge, but a lack of language proficiency—he couldn't connect cultivation with program knowledge effectively.

He continued to ask Chang Ji sincerely.

"Spiritual Qi compressed into Gold Core, is just the cultivation base within the body." Chang Ji said, "My Gold Core period had actually broken through while I was in the middle of fighting with the enemy."

Lin Xun, "How do you explain it?"

"The breakthrough from cultivating the Foundation period is very different from the breakthrough when cultivating the Gold Core period, but it does not look different."

Lin Xun, "A person in the Gold Core period has a lot of spiritual Qi in his body, so he is more powerful...is that right?"

Chang Ji, "No."

Lin Xun, "Then...."

Chang Ji, "I can't tell you all of these things, otherwise you're no better than a cheater."

"Okay." Lin Xun also knew that cultivators value personal savvy, so he said, "I'll think about it by myself."

There was a moment of silence.

Lin Xun, "Brother."

Chang Ji, "What?"

Lin Xun, "Qi Yun may be in danger, why are we not in a hurry?"

They were still walking unhurriedly, even exchanging thoughts on cultivating immortality.

Chang Ji, "If bad things have already happened, then there's no use in being in a hurry."

——Perhaps, this is a characteristic of Buddhist cultivation.

Poor Qi Yun, his master didn't care about him, and no one noticed when he lost contact. Because of the opposition between the camps, Lin Xun didn't dare tell the elders that Qi Yun might be in danger either. So only he and Chang Ji could try to find him.

Lin Xun, "I can only wish him luck."

Chang Ji didn't speak, and after a minute or two he spoke again, "Why are you hiding your face?"