Chapter 50 Duplication (1)

He picked up the incoming video call while hugging Pointer — after all, Pointer was the main reason for their video calls. However, during their video calls in the past few days, Pointer would only show itself a little and would meow at Dong Jun a few times, before leaving Lin Xun and Dong Jun to begin their awkward chat.

——actually, it wasn't that awkward. When it came to professional issues, they could spend a long time talking without even noticing how long they've been in discussion.

But not this time, something happened on this day.

When the call connected, the Dong Jun in today's video call exuded classic elegance in his silver silk shirt, with a little bit of pattern but designed in good taste, and a translucent cufflink of unrecognizable material.

Lin Xun held Pointer's paw and waved at him.

Dong Jun smiled lightly.

He seemed to see the furnishings in the room through the camera. "You're not in your apartment?"

"Yeah." Lin Xun leaned a little to the side, allowing Dong Jun to see the furnishings in the room and Pointer's utensils, neatly arranged in the corner.

He explained, "Well...this is the house where I used to live in when I was a kid... the computer in front is the one I used before, but it doesn't work anymore."

Dong Jun seemed to look at it carefully. "It's very beautiful."

Lin Xun, "When I was young, my grandfather taught me programming on this computer, using C."

He smiled and continued, "But I preferred mathematics more at that time, and my sister had no interest at all. In the end, neither of us became like grandpa. He was a very powerful engineer."

Dong Jun, "You are also very powerful now."

"Perhaps." Lin Xun, "Today these people online all say that I have nothing but my good looks."

Dong Jun, "I will delete those posts if they make you unhappy."

Lin Xun, "So you can indeed delete hot searches and posts at will."

Dong Jun didn't speak but smiled gently.

"Okay..." Lin Xun hugged Pointer. "Then, can I take this as your indirect way of coming out of the closet with my help? Do you think your wife-fans are going to cause trouble for you?"  

Dong Jun slowly crossed his fingers and placed them on the wooden table. "If you have to understand it like this..."

Lin Xun, "It is difficult for me to understand this differently."

Dong Jun, "Then it seems you are indeed still a child."

Lin Xun, "..."

Of course he had other speculations, but he didn't dare to ask, if he happens to guess incorrectly, he'd be so embarrassed that he wouldn't be able to talk to Dong Jun for the rest of his life.

"I'm an adult," he thought for a while, and said, "Of course the male god has his reasons."

Dong Jun, "You seem to have your own way of coping when you encounter problems."

Lin Xun averted his gaze a few times, feeling that he was being pressed by Dong Jun at every step.

But Dong Jun did not continue this topic.

He said lightly, "There have been some changes in my schedule. I will probably come back at an earlier date."

Lin Xun, "How many days in advance?"