Chapter 92 The shortest path (7)

At this moment, the subway train slowed gradually, and finally came to a stop.

The front of the train stopped just five steps away in front of Chang Ji, and the doors hadn't opened yet. Through the glass partition, Lin Xun saw a crowd of passengers and their dumbfounded faces. He hadn't been able to look more carefully, when he saw Mrs. Butterfly wave her hand before thousands of purple butterflies appeared and flapped their wings, sprinkling fine dust to cover the train's windows.

Behind them, the sound of heavy leather boots stepping on the ground drifted to their ears. Lin Xun turned around and saw two dozen well-equipped policemen rushing toward their location. The big characters for "anti-riot" were printed on their black uniforms.

There were two people leading these policemen—one was Officer Zhou, while Lin Xun didn't know who the other person was.

He breathed a sigh of relief on the one hand and yet became worried on the other.

The subway train came to a halt, and Brother Chang Ji's life was preserved—obviously, it was all thanks to Officer Zhou; he said that he would coordinate with the subway dispatch center and made good on his promise on the phone.

However, at the same time, how should he explain this scene to the police?

Lin Xun looked around.

There were still hundreds of devils, and cultivators using various spells and weapons; in this melee, their victory still hung in the balance. Devils were a bit of an oddity and are quite a strange existence. According to the elders, these things were born from 'devil Qi', in the same manner that cultivators' moves are constructed with spiritual Qi. Strictly speaking, both devil Qi and spiritual Qi are not real, they do not exist as physical objects. Therefore, only a person with an innate qi can see them with the naked eye, as well as a camera infused with spiritual power. However, the common camera machine is incapable of taking pictures of their corporeal body. As a result, the police couldn't see the devils, nor the special effects coming from the spells cast by cultivators in the surveillance video, they can only see a group of people in strange costumes, waving all kinds of swords, sticks, and chains, just like real acting.

At the same time, the passengers inside the waiting area of the subway station still maintained their loss of consciousness, as if they were in a zombie state—expressionless with a vacant gaze—randomly wandering around the subway station, resembling Brownian motion.

While on the other side, a group of elders in strange costumes sat on the ground with their eyes closed, each making strange gestures as they continued building the array. What was even more strange was that there were also a few people wearing regular clothes, which made their group seem even more uncoordinated.

Therefore, the scene that appeared in the surveillance video didn't look like a terrorist attack, but rather like a mental hospital turned upside down.

However, once the police actually got inside the subway station, this scene would be enough to cause a huge impact on their worldview.

Sure enough, as the two police officers headed down the stairs, and after turning a corner—they suddenly stopped.

Officer Zhou picked up his police megaphone, and amidst the chaotic fighting, his voice rang out. "Comrade Lin Xun? Where is Lin Xun? What's the matter?"  

Lin Xun raised his megaphone and replied to Officer Zhou, "I'm inside! Get rid of these black things first!"

Officer Zhou, "I need to report to my superiors first!"

Lin Xun, "Don't report!"

Officer Zhou, "I must report!"

Lin Xun, "I'm dying!"