Chapter 76 Compression (3)

The starry sky; the spaceship; these things reminded him of the movie that he had watched with Dong Jun and then made him woolgather.

"No...it won't be that way; the answer won't be that complicated."

What he needed now was not a whimsical idea that can resolve all doubts, but rather, more evidence.

Fortunately, he was not at a loss with regards to this, and even had a plan for continuous improvement.

As he was thinking, the system sounded with a beep.

"User "Player X" requests to add you as a friend."

"Player X?"

Upon receiving the friend invitation, Lin Xun's subconscious reaction was to consider whether the person was Dong Jun. However, it was obvious that the name "Player X" was not in line with Dong Jun's style when choosing a name for himself—because X was an unknown number, and it represented a vacillating thing.

Lin Xun accepted the request.

The next moment, a beep sounded again.

"User 'Player X' is requesting to visit your home."

"OK."

Lin Xun allowed it, and then, a silver light lit up on his side. It was a man in a white coat and black square glasses—the avatars these people chose for themselves were always strange.

Lin Xun saw his face; his handsome features and sharp eyes looked vaguely familiar. "Xue Xin?"

"It's me." Xue Xin smiled politely. "Senior suddenly hung up during the call today, I was a little worried."

"I'm fine." Lin Xun said lightly, "How do you know my ID?"

"I guessed." Xue Xin said, "You used this username in the school forum before. I tried it, but I didn't expect it to be correct."

Lin Xun let out an "um", then asked, "Are you still going to talk about cooperation?"

"Yes." Xue Xin was very gentle and polite, "My company also hopes to establish cooperation with you."

Lin Xun looked at him. "Which company are you working for now?"

The personnel turnover in the Internet industry was relatively frequent. People working in one company today might move to another company tomorrow. He only knew where Xue Xin was when he started, but he couldn't guarantee that he was still there now.

Xue Xin lowered his eyes, seemingly a bit lost, and then replied, "I am with Eagle, and my project is researching strong artificial intelligence. I am sure that the Broderick coefficient can be compressed to a value less than 1—do you know the Broderick coefficient?"

Lin Xun, "Yes."

—Dong Jun had already mentioned this term to him. The Broderick coefficient was used to measure the degree to which artificial intelligence approaches human intelligence. If the coefficient is close to 1, it can be regarded as a strong artificial intelligence, with thinking and learning abilities comparable to humans.

"Then I won't explain. In short, we really need talents like you."

Lin Xun looked at him.

After a few years of not seeing the other, the schoolboy brimming with youthfulness had become much more mature and calmer, like a businessman setting out on his own. 

Lin Xun looked at himself, but he didn't seem to have made much progress.

"Thank you," he said, "but I can't agree."