Chapter 43 Loophole (3)

What could Lin Xun do in the face of a passively resisting cat?

Lin Xun couldn’t do anything, he even had to stroke it.

Then he needed to explain to Dong Jun.

A happy pointer: No, that’s not what I meant. I haven’t been staying up late these days.

Dong Jun: OK.

Dong Jun’s reply was still short and indifferent, probably because of the busy work.

After Lin Xun ended his conversation with Dong Jun, he had nothing else to do. So he stood against the wall holding the cat and watched the elders repair the crack with Brother Chang Ji.

However, with only Huo Qingshan, Xiaoyao Zi, and Master Wanchan doing the work, they were unable to close this crack on their own. They each started calling for people. After half an hour, Mrs. Butterfly, Mrs. Phoenix, Gushan Sword, Yufeng Zhenjun, and the rest of the cultivators arrived almost at the same time — these were all elders in the Nascent Soul period. With all of them together, they practically made up the highest combat power in the entire cultivation world.

Shenji Zhenjun was in the forefront holding a hexagram plate and took the lead in opening the battle. The elders meditated on the spot, forming various gestures with their hands, countless Qi surged and rose from their bodies, intertwining in mid-air, forming a vast and tremendous air current, pressing toward the dark entrance.

The entrance shrunk at a rate visible to the naked eye.

Lin Xun held Pointer and looked over the dark hole. What he saw were countless lines of code quietly changing, as the elders repaired the crack.

“Brother,” he said to Chang Ji, “Look at the crack, what do you see?”

Chang Ji said, “All beings are suffering.”

“What?” Lin Xun didn’t understand. 

“The extent of my literary and cultural knowledge is somewhat poor,” he said, “Brother, you can be a little more specific.”

Chang Ji was silent for a while, and said, “I saw a sea of blood inside, with demons and people’s evil thoughts, and grievances churning all together.”

Lin Xun was thoughtful.

He thought for a while, then asked Chang Ji, “Does everyone see the same thing?”

“Maybe it’s different for everyone.” Chang Ji said, “But it’s essentially the same with only the slightest bit of difference.”  

Lin Xun, “If… I mean if, by some unfortunate incident, you enter the crack, what will you do to find a way out?”

Chang Ji, “I may be able to escape by overcoming the demons in my heart, but the chances of escaping through that method are slim.”

Lin Xun didn’t know what to say.

Even if he said it, no one would believe him.

After pondering for a long time, he said, “My master said that everything is composed of the five elements of Qi. By comprehending the five elements of Qi, you’ll be able to grasp the principle behind the movement of all things. If…the cultivators have their own ‘Dao’, then they can use their own terms to explain the world, right?”