Chapter 79 Compression (6)

At this moment, Chang Ji put his hand on Lin Xun's shoulder.

Lin Xun's heart settled after a while; holding the thing's fingers with his fingers, he instantly exerted effort from his wrist, and suddenly pulled the thing upward!

—the thing didn't even budge.

Lin Xun, "..."

The thing under his hand seemed to weigh several hundred pounds; he looked down and saw a huge black shadow slowly approaching the surface of the water.

The next moment, Chang Ji pulled him backwards with a jerk!

Golden Buddha light suddenly rose and a solid golden boundary stood in front of them.

Clatter–

The loud sound of water rang out, the lake splashed over, and a huge black shadow slammed hard against the boundary.

Lin Xun fixed his eyes on the appearance of this water ghost; the first reaction was—it's too ugly.

It looked like a mutated swollen fish; it had a white gloomy human-like face, a scarlet mouth split near the cheeks, and its bulging, sphere-like body was black, covered with a layer of armor-like scales.

The most incongruous thing was the long, thin hands hanging down on both sides of its body. The pale fingers were thin and long, with ugly webbing in between, and its arms were wrapped with long, black and green algae, which were dripping water.

Since it missed during its first attack, it frantically tried to hit them again; the lake turned up waves splashing to this sides, but the golden light solemnly blocked all its attacks.

Chang Ji said briefly, "Late Gold Core period, be careful."

Chang Ji protected Lin Xun behind him, giving Lin Xun a little free time, so he responded by using all the attacks in his arsenal.

Of course, the main attack was Qi Yun's sword Qi—it was only fair to use Qi Yun's sword Qi to save him.

Because of this bizarre water ghost devil, Lin Xun was almost certain that Qi Yun's disappearance was related to it, and he felt that Qi Yun was in grave danger. Thinking of this, he deliberately looked at the water ghost's ball-like body and puffed-up belly, suspecting that Qi Yun had been eaten.

His mind was spinning, and his hands did not stop. A sword Qi swished towards the water ghost, but when it almost hit its hard scale armor, the sword Qi invariably shattered and dissipated.

Chang Ji came to the edge of the boundary, a golden illusionary Buddha lotus held his body up, he was suspended in mid-air, holding a Zen stick to fight the water ghost. Each blow was powerful, as if it weighed a thousand pounds, but the water ghost was not afraid, it relied on the hard scale armor to resist Chang Ji's attacks while using its hands and tail to fight with Chang Ji. The fierce fight plus the huge waves manipulated by the water ghost dazzled people for a while.

However, Lin Xun was close to them, so he could see more clearly. At this point, it seemed difficult to distinguish the winner, but this devil was in late Gold Core period, while Chang Ji only just entered Gold Core stage. The longer the fight continues, Chang Ji would inevitably be overpowered by the water ghost.

Lin Xun pursed his lips, took a deep breath, then tapped a few times on the keyboard, and repeated the same trick—thousands of sword Qi surfaced in the air, and shot towards the water ghost like a rain of arrows!

In an instant, the sword Qi closed in and almost stabbed the water ghost into a hedgehog, but the water ghost opened its scarlet mouth, and issued a thick sounding howl.