Chapter 44 Loophole (4)

The compression algorithm is indeed a very important thing.

Computer technology is now in the stage of explosive development, and the resulting data is also massive, not to mention the endless video and audio files being uploaded on the Internet.

The function of the compression algorithm is to encode data files according to a certain rule into a form that is easy to transmit and store, and then decode them when you need to restore the data to its original form.

Therefore, an effective and lossless compression algorithm can greatly improve the transmission and storage efficiency of various files, data, and signals. If there is no compression algorithm in the world, the Internet may be directly paralyzed because of data bloat.

Such an important algorithmic field, symbolizing the period of Golden Core in the cultivation world, seemed to be commensurate with its own status.

Lin Xun felt that he had a glimpse of the truth.

After about half an hour, the Python platform finished loading.

Based on the experience of foundation building, it took Lin Xun a long time to implement most of the basic operations of object-oriented languages. After pushing the progress of the main mission to 50%, he started to connect to the hard disk and searched for the programs that Wang Anquan collected over the years. Coordinating with various wheels*, he proceeded to transfer the existing compression algorithms one by one.

Huffman coding using binary trees is a classic, the progress had risen by 10%.

LZ series is indispensable, 5%.

Shannon is the ancestor, and it is of great significance, 5%.

After reviewing historical records, Lin Xun then began to download the mainstream lossy and lossless compression algorithms over the years. Their names were strange, and their areas of application were different.

The progress bar slowly rose, and the outlook was very good.

But just when Lin Xun thought he was going to reach the Golden Core stage, it suddenly stopped.

Ninety percent.

No matter how cutting-edge the next program he invoked was, the progress bar remained motionless.

After a number of attempts, Lin Xun was convinced that the remaining ten percent must need something else.

He decided not to waste time and came out of the system space, searched for related papers for a while, and planned to sleep.

But he seemed destined to stay busy on this day. The phone rang as soon as he closed his eyes holding Pointer in his arms, it was Lin Ting.

His elder sister Lin Ting was three years older than him.

Lin Xun answered the phone, "Sister."

His sister's voice came from the receiver. "Suan Suan."

The voice was a bit hoarse, not much like her usual tone.

Lin Xun, "Have you caught a cold?"

"A little bit." Lin Ting said, "My flight is tomorrow, I will arrive in the afternoon. Remember to pick me up."

Lin Xun, "Okay."

He continued, "Send me your flight number."

"Yeah." Lin Ting said, "Are you about to sleep?"

Lin Xun, "Yes."

His sister laughed. "So early?"

Lin Xun, "I gave up cultivating."