Chapter 57 Duplication (8)

The favorability of this police brigade was very strange — Lin Xun could understand the elders' favorability, but what was the relationship between him and the police brigade in the Chaoyang District? Did he really have to run for the top ten good citizens?

Lin Xun didn't want to compete with uncle Security guard to become one of the top ten good citizens. He preferred to understand this as the system creating opportunities for him to receive rewards.

Moreover, doing a task was like playing a game or studying. When you receive a rewarding task, you can't help but want to complete it.

Thinking of this, Lin Xun spoke to Officer Zhou, "Would it be convenient to disclose what the case is about?"

Officer Zhou didn't answer but looked at Lin Xun. "What about you?"

Lin Xun gave a low cough. "Actually, I am a disciple of Master Huo in Chaoyang community. Master is often asked by families in need of expelling demons."

Officer Zhou, "Young people should not engage in feudal superstition."

"I have no choice." Lin Xun said, "After all, it's a family heritage."

Officer Zhou, "Young people must study hard to find a way out."

Lin Xun, "Yes, I haven't fallen behind on my studies."

Officer Zhou nodded with satisfaction.

Lin Xun told him what he had encountered yesterday. "One of the residents in a building in District D of this community... is an older lady with her grandson. Her grandson has been talking nonsense and kept having epileptic seizures every night these past few days, so the older lady invited my master to come and examine the Feng Shui in their home and drive away evil spirits."

Officer Zhou had a thoughtful look in his eyes. "What happened then?"

Lin Xun, "My master entered their house to eliminate evil. But master said that there are strange things in their family, and things may not be as simple, so he sent me here to continue investigating."

Officer Zhou looked at the building behind them. "This building?"

Lin Xun, "Yes, it's a residence on the first floor."

"Is this child called Ming Ming?" Officer Zhou said, "He lives with his grandma."

Lin Xun, "Your case is associated with them?"

Officer Zhou said, "Maybe." 

Lin Xun, "How to say?" 

Officer Zhou didn't speak for a while and only looked at the lawn in the distance. After a while, he said, "Did your master say anything else?"

Lin Xun, "Yes."

He tentatively looked at Officer Zhou. "My master said that someone may have died there. Can this be a murder case?"

Officer Zhou twisted his eyebrows. "I'm dealing with a big case. The mistress of this family has something to do with it, but it's not a murder case."

Since the two were related, he must find a way to join, Lin Xun immediately said, "I can fight, and I can help you."

Lin Xun, "But let's wait for a while, my other friend will come a bit later. He can fight just like me."

Officer Zhou, "That friend of yours with a stick? You two knocked down a dozen people together that day."

Lin Xun, "...not him, it's another friend. Our martial arts skills are all quite high."

Officer Zhou looked at him suspiciously, and Lin Xun felt that Officer Zhou was examining him — a lost young man engaged in feudal superstition.