Chapter 25 Object Oriented (1)

After all the young disciples had their turn to try and pick up the sword, it was time for the competition to begin.

Yuan Xiao held his peach wood sword and shivered; he could not do anything except wave his sword to draw a flower in the air. He was brushed off in the first round and returned to sit with Xiaoyao Zi.

Xiaoyao Zi caressed Yuan Xiao graciously: ” It’s ok. You needed to prepare for the college entrance examinations and naturally couldn’t spend too much time on cultivation. Just perform well in the next year.”

Yuan Xiao, who wasn’t criticized by his master, felt a sense of relief and sat happily next to Lin Xun.

Their seats were on a high platform which overlooked the open square below. The disciples competed in pairs, and the winners from the first round were divided into two groups to compete again, and those who remained after the final round were ranked.

The elders seated on the high platform commented on the disciples’ performance. Even cultivators have ambitions to win. If their disciples performed well, their masters and their respective clans would be proud of them. Besides, they would gain bragging rights within the Taoist community, at least, until the next year’s competition that is.

——Master Wanchan’s disciple whose dharma name was Chang Ji now stood on the court.

Chang Ji had no tonsure, and his hair was still black and thick, but he looked like a monk, with good features, thick eyebrows, and big eyes. He had a compassionate appearance. It was said that he was studying for a PhD in religion in the capital and intends to get tonsured as soon as he graduates.

His opponent, Zhao Yijian, whose sword skills are very fancy and a disciple of Gushan Sword, stood on the other side.

Zhao Yijian drew his sword out of its sheath, and his movement changed in an instant. Countless sword lights seemed to rise at the same time in the field, weaving into a net of light then he pounced towards Chang Ji.

Danyang Zi of Qingcheng said: “The Nan Hai swordsmanship is as graceful as a goddess scattering flowers, brother Gushan, you taught him well.”

Gushan Sword said: “Haha, you flatter me.”
On the other side, Chang Ji held a golden Zen stick in one hand, and his other hand gestured into a Buddha’s mudra while chanting. Then he plunged the bottom of the stick into the ground!

As if invisible energy suddenly spread across the field, surrounding Chang Ji’s body, then a shield with a golden glow could be seen faintly floating around him!

Xiaoyao Zi said: “The Buddhist golden bell technique! Chang Ji is really a diamond in the rough.”

Master Wanchan said: “Oh, although his martial arts are exquisite, I always feel that his understanding of Buddhism is still insufficient.”

——Although Wanchan was criticizing his own disciple, anyone who has ears could feel Master Wan Chan’s pride.

Lin Xun listened to the elders’ conversations quietly, while observing the data of the two people in the field, their tone very much like their conversations in their WeChat group.

Zhao Yijian’s sword was a set of data streams that influenced each other, and Chang Ji’s golden bell was a delicate loop structure.