Chapter 54 Duplication (5)

The two faced each other.

Pointer said nothing.

Lin Xun felt ashamed.

Lin Xun was surprised by the fact that it was a cat that caught him sneaking after he did not return home at night.

He couldn't remember how many times he had suspected the little liar's IQ.

He walked to the TV cabinet, reached out and picked up Pointer. "Why aren't you asleep?"

Pointer ignored him but still curled into Lin Xun's arms following his movements.

Lin Xun scratched its ears. "Were you waiting for me?"

Pointer stepped on him twice.

The cat must be angry.

Lin Xun, "I will take you out next time."

As soon as he spoke, he remembered Dong Jun's itinerary again.

He raised Pointer. "It seems like I won't be able to, since you have to go."

Pointer, "Meow."

Lin Xun finished washing up, changed into his pajamas, and hugged Pointer in front of him.

Pointer was small, warm, and soft, and its snow-white belly went up and down with its breathing.

Although he had only been taking care of it for less than ten days, Lin Xun already liked it very much.

It was a pity that it wasn't his own cat, and that he couldn't keep it.

As he thought about this, Pointer licked his finger.

Lin Xun smiled.

Pointer raised his face to watch him smile.

Lin Xun covered Pointer's eyes. "Why are you so humanlike?"

Pointer scratched him.

With its claws retracted, it shouldn't count as scratching – he was just pushed with a paw pad.

Since he didn't know if there was still any chance of playing with Pointer in the future, Lin Xun played with him for a while before going to bed.

He dreamt again.

What you think about during the day, is what you dream of at night – this time, he dreamed of Pointer.

...maybe it was Pointer.

And Pointer's master, Dong Jun.

It seemed like the dream was set during a summer vacation in college. He and Dong Jun were walking on the tree-filled road in the old city. In the early summer morning, the cicadas had just begun to sing, and the grass by the roadside still had dew drops at the tip of their blades.

It was the year when blockchain technology was the hype, and this was the topic of their conversation – whether blockchain and Bitcoin were bubbles. Although they had a little disagreement, they still reached a consensus in the end. Then they began discussing a certain encryption algorithm; they went on to discuss quantum cryptography and touched on the subject of the uncertainty principle.

"The most accurate measurement of the position of a particle is also the least accurate measurement of its velocity, because it has been disturbed." He turned and walked backwards, facing Dong Jun, looking into his eyes, with a laugh in his voice. "I think the longer I get to know you, the more blurred the definition is of our relationship."

Dong Jun on the opposite end was not wearing glasses, his eyebrows were delicate and cold, like a luxury item, but the expression in his eyes was very gentle.