Chapter 93 The shortest path (8)

When they had just arrived at the entrance of the basement, Lin Xun heard the familiar howl of that props master.

No, it was not so familiar, because his voice had become hoarse.

The props master frantically crawled out of the stairway, and a police officer tried to control him as he hugged the police officer's thighs and cried. "I woke up lying on a pile of corpses! Although they were all made by me, I...I...."

The police tried to calm him. "You stand up first."

The props master broke down. "Before I fainted, the corpse could even fly, after I woke up, I...."

At this point, Lin Xun recalled that when they left the basement and went to the subway, the props master was still unconscious on the dining table.

The mannequin whose belly was opened up by the chef was right beside him.

Lin Xun gave him a compassionate glance thinking that the props master was extremely pitiful. However, this may also be due to the props master being scared out of his wits, just as a person who has never seen a pig run won't be able to write a really good description of the pig, only a talented person who has been frightened enough to drive their soul out of their body would be able to create the best psychic props.

This was a joint operation, and the Xicheng District Police station was quite close, such that the dispatched forensic pathologist arrived in a short time. The corpse in the cold storage was confirmed to be human, and it seemed it was not from one person, pending further confirmation. This situation was expected; after all, the existence of devils was mostly related to the distortion of the hearts of mortals. Considering the huge crack that appeared in Xicheng Station, these frozen corpses may be part of a bigger case far beyond everyone's imagination.

Officer Zhou shook hands with Lin Xun. "Thank you for your proactive report."

Officer, "But I'm still curious about the reason why you guys were conducting this series of activities. In fact, from the first time we met, I thought right away that you guys were a group of eccentric people possibly possessing some supernatural powers."

Lin Xun sat on the shared wheelchair and blinked. "Well, our group of enthusiastic masses have always been worried about public security."

The system's voice sounded, "Favorability of Officer Zhou +10. Current favorability: 100; Upper limit: 100."

"The favorability of a special character has reached the upper limit; get the reward 'Officer Zhou's trust'. Item description: when encountering an unexpected situation, you can summon Officer Zhou for assistance and to clear things up."

"A just cause enjoys abundant support, while an unjust cause finds little. The cumulative favorability has reached the upper limit of twenty people. You get the reward: Spiritual power +10. Next reward unit: 50."

He had reached the 'upper limit of favorability' because of the many cultivators, who had a favorable opinion of him from time to time. However, except for the completion of the side task "Worship into the cultivation gate" at the beginning, there were no other rewards; Lin Xun also did not pay attention to this—it turned out to be a hidden mission.

And the value of the special reward because of Officer Zhou was quite high.

This meant that the next time they had some big operation, or if there was an occasion that was not convenient for the cultivators, or if they happen to attract too much attention like today, he can ask Officer Zhou to coordinate and wrap things up! In fact, he felt that Officer Zhou already knew that his group of people had special powers, but in terms of cooperation—whether they can talk about cultivation, or how Officer Zhou would report to his superiors, they would still need to be discussed.