Chapter 49 Loophole (9)

The rain fell harder and became more incessant, Lin Ting walked behind him and held up a white umbrella.

The rain wet the white petals, giving its color a clear radiance.

Despite the heavy rain, the mist gave the cemetery a hazy, and quiet atmosphere.

The part of their parents that occupied Lin Xun's and Lin Ting's memory was very little, since they were brought up by their grandfather.

Whenever he stood in front of the tombstone, he'd realize that the kind, and the wise old man had already disappeared from the world, and the only thing left to represent him was a stone monument, standing in the wind, frost, rain, and snow. After their grandfather died, Lin Xun would feel ...that the balance between life and death was illusory, and death can happen in a matter a moment.

He had very little time for sentimentality and had always been a firm materialist, and when he did have time to spare for emotions, these were all spent on reminiscing about the old man and hoping that souls really existed in the world.

Lin Ting stepped forward and spoke to grandpa in a gentle tone. She said that she was going to graduate soon, and the studio was on the right track, everything was fine, and Suan Suan was fine, her eyes reddening as she spoke.

After a long time, Lin Ting wiped the corners of her eyes and said to Lin Xun, "Let's go."

Lin Xun glanced at the tombstone one last time, then turned to leave.

When they reached the exit of the cemetery, he saw a Phantom not far from the lone little Jetta in the parking lot.

A man in a black suit was getting out of the car. He was tall, his clothes were well-fitted, and had slightly curly, medium length hair.

This person walked without holding an umbrella, and when he raised his head, a face with deep contours pierced Lin Xun's eyes.

He looked about forty or so, but he hadn't begun to show old age. The outline of his facial features was deep, and were perfectly proportioned. It's just that the whites of his eyes occupied too much area, and his eyes were straight, showing a paranoid temperament, a bit like a mental patient.

Lin Xun recognized this person's face.

——This person was Dong Chen – the pianist known as the devil, Dong Jun's father, and the person who indirectly or directly killed his wife and left his child. Just last night, the Dong Jun's girlfriends group chat was full of "DC is dead".

Dong Chen and Lin Xun passed by each other as if there was nothing in Dong Chen's eyes, and he couldn't be certain whether he glanced at him or not.

Lin Xun looked back.

Dong Chen also came to this cemetery. Who did he come to visit?

As far as he knew, the people buried here were all from the surrounding residential area.

Lin Ting, "What are you looking at?"

Lin Xun turned back, said "Nothing," and then walked forward.

He thought that maybe, Dong Chen's wife was also buried here, and now that his orchestra had finally returned to China, he decided to come see her.

There was also an anecdote regarding Dong Chen's marriage, and Lin Xun didn't know whether it was real or not. He also felt that it was greatly exaggerated, and the fantasy aspect was too big, that it read like a third-rate novel. It was said that the lady came from a famous wealthy family and fell in love with Dong Chen at first sight. The two fell in love with each other. Owing to the difference in status, she broke off the relationship with her family and married Dong Chen. In general, a woman married to a mentally ill man will not have a beatific marriage, and she indeed committed suicide after six or seven years. At that time, Dong Chen had already gained a firm foothold in the music scene, and after her death, he left and stayed abroad for twenty years.

As for Dong Jun – he did not bring him along when he left. Similarly, Dong Jun's maternal family did not lend a hand. To this day, how Dong Jun grew up and how he established Galaxy remained a legend.

Of course, Dong Jun can also achieve this if he used his maternal family's resources to create Galaxy after being taken in and adopted; however, such a story was not as interesting. In the Internet industry, only technology was truly reliable. It was quite powerful to start with inherent resources, but it was quite legendary to start from scratch, like Dong Jun—this was an even more curious topic than where, and how Dong Jun spent his childhood. Unfortunately, everyone knew nothing about it.

He got in the car and was silent all the way. At this time, it was too late to return to Chaoyang community, considering that the journey back would take a long time. As was their custom, he and Lin Ting returned to their old childhood house, which was an hour and a half away from the cemetery by car.

The old city had not been modernized yet, and one could find the old houses after passing through the lush alley of parasol trees. Theirs was a small two-story building, as were the surrounding houses. The ivy crawling on the walls were thick and vigorous, and the pomegranate trees in the yard had not yet bloomed.

Except for the house opposite theirs, where no one seemed to be home, the neighboring houses were brightly lit, and the smell of rice cooking away permeated the air.

Lin Xun tried to recall it in his memories but found that he could only vaguely remember that the family that used to live in that house seemed to have moved out many years ago.

After having a simple meal with Lin Ting, he went upstairs to his old room. Lin Xun's room was not big, but it was very warmly decorated. The light was warm yellow, and a computer desk was directly opposite a bookshelf. The computer was an old model from more than ten years ago. The monitor was small and bulky. It was extremely old. Whether it would still switch on depends on fate. But Lin Xun still kept it.

Pointer was released from the cat bag, jumped onto the bed with a "meow" and sat down peacefully.

Lin Xun confirmed once again that this cat really did not have the fear of unfamiliar situations at all. It looked quite at home as if it had resided here for many years.

Lin Xun took out its cat bowl and litter box, fed it snacks, then wrapped it into a cat-worm and brushed its teeth. He held it in his arms, opened the notebook, and felt a little tangled.

He didn't dare initiate a video call with Dong Jun.

It wasn't because he felt that the hot search incident had an impact on Dong Jun, but... he felt a little bit different.

When he thought of Dong Jun's Weibo post and the expression "^ ^" now, he couldn't stop thinking about it even more.

After struggling for a while, he still did not call Dong Jun, but opened Weibo.

An entire day had passed, and the heat finally died down slightly, the heartbreak of the wife fans improved a little, and they gradually accepted the reality...No, why did they all agree that Dong Jun does have a boyfriend?

The remarks from passers-by was clearly divided into three groups.

One group was jealous of Dong Jun: it's nice to have money, they can choose beautiful boys as they please.

Another group was jealous of him: it's nice to have a good face, they can hook up with a good-looking and rich male god.

The imagination of the third group was too strong, and they were presenting the love story between the sugar daddy and his canary. They even found that Galaxy's venture capital and funds had been invested in several film and media companies. And they thought this little boyfriend would be making his debut soon, completely turning a blind eye to Galaxy's investment in other industries.

Lin Xun, "?"

Why did he suddenly become a kept little star?

This was no less than a shame. For a programmer, code and algorithms are his face, and his facial features are not even worth comparing with Dong Jun, if he can't write good-looking code, no matter how good he looks, he will not come close to becoming a male god.

Too shallow.

He calmly shut down the social media platform and said goodbye to the Internet.

——No, he couldn't say goodbye, because he received a video call invitation from Dong Jun at the next moment.