Chapter 69 Artificial Amentia (5)

Lin Kexin didn’t speak.

Fine. Lin Xun continued to say.

“Those things you can see,” he said, “approximately ten days ago, they began to appear next to me. I don’t know what they are, but they all seem to want to hit me.”

“I am not interested in them, I just want to know, what is on my body that attracts their attention?”

The cultivation world called these things as Devils. They crawled out of the cracks between the human and the demon worlds, intent on doing harm to humans.

But at present, based on the several devils’ attacks that Lin Xun had experienced, they were very interested in him.

During the first instance, an evil seed possessed Jiang Lian and attacked him. Later, a crack appeared in Chaoyang community just below his house. Whenever they attacked, Lin Xun was always their first target, no matter how many people there were.

The same thing happened in the hospital today, he had done nothing, but the children in the entire corridor became devils and started coming after him.

The thing he was most interested in, wasn’t how to defeat them, but why they were targeting him.

And this little girl – Lin Kexin, had the ability to see devils in a non-aggressive state and could talk to them.

After speaking, he tapped the tip of his finger on the axe handle a few times, and then said lightly, “I don’t mean anything else.”

The little girl stopped her eyes on the axe and said the first sentence, “Then you put it down first.”

Lin Xun didn’t.

He looked at Ming Ming – to be precise, he looked at the empty space behind Ming Ming.

“I will give the axe to the police, and they will find out the cause of your death.” Lin Xun said, “You can rest in peace, don’t toss your son anymore.”   

A gust of wind seemed to have blown in front of his eyes, and Ming Ming’s fast breathing had clearly slowed down considerably.

He turned to look back at the little girl, calculating the time in his mind.

Lin Xun, “If I cut you down, will your invisible friend come out to protect you?”

The little girl’s answer was very positive, “Yes.”

“Oh,” Lin Xun said, “Then he seems unable to beat me, otherwise he would have come out long ago.”  

“No,” the little girl blinked. “My friend seems to say, they don’t want to beat you, they just want to get to know you.”

Lin Xun watched her.

Lin Xun, “Do you think I’ll believe it?”

“It depends on you.” Lin Kexin tilted her head, her eyes were innocent.

Lin Xun, “So, what do they want to know about me? There’s nothing about me that’s worth understanding.”