Chapter 45 Loophole (5)

The familiar scent permeated the room, and Lin Xun opened the window before going out to have dinner in an attempt to let the fragrance molecules diffuse as soon as possible.

However, when he returned to the room in the evening, the faint aroma reappeared around him.

Lin Xun had no choice but to close the window, and started a video call with Dong Jun.

After a few days of communication, Lin Xun felt that the embarrassing atmosphere had eased. Their conversations were no longer limited to Pointer but began to involve some topics about life and work. After all, people always had to say something when they were embarrassed. Yes, and after a few days, they would become accustomed to those topics.

Lin Xun held Pointer and told Dong Jun what he had done on this day. "Today I went to the airport to pick up my sister, um...tomorrow we will go back to our family home together, stay for one or two nights, and then come back."

Dong Jun, "Will Luo Shen be okay without you?"

Lin Xun, "Yes, I play a very small role; at this point, I only need to write a MATLAB code, and it will take them some time to encode..."

As he spoke, his voice sounded as if he was smiling. "During this period of coding, I would write another section of MATLAB, and then the process would loop continuously."

"You shouldn't trivialize your role and undervalue your function," Dong Jun's voice was slightly lower, perhaps trying to speak very gently. "Your role is more like the soul of Luo Shen."

"Maybe." Lin Xun smiled, and continued. "They ridiculed me yesterday, saying that my algorithm was not considered from the perspective of coding at all, and asked me to change it."

"Hmm..." Dong Jun seemed to raise his eyebrows. "It's not because you're lacking, it's because their level is not enough."

Lin Xun, "After all, not everyone can be like Dong Jun."

There seemed to be a smile in Dong Jun's eyes. "You think so highly of me?"

"Of course...everyone thinks highly of you," Lin Xun looked at Dong Jun on the screen, and the relaxed atmosphere during their conversation made him speak more freely, "I've known you for a long time—after all you're everyone's male god. Then I followed your GitHub and Weibo."

Dong Jun looked at him without speaking.

Lin Xun unconsciously grasped Pointer's fur, and continued. "I've always thought you'd have a cold personality, but I didn't expect it to be like this-ah, I seem to have said this before."

Only to hear Dong Jun say, "Maybe this is partly because of you."

Lin Xun, "...Huh?"

He and Dong Jun looked at each other, and Dong Jun smiled slightly.

This person was very good-looking and had an aura of gentleness whenever he smiled.

"When you're talking with me, I always get the feeling that you are smiling." Dong Jun said lightly, "So when it comes to you, I don't talk the same way I talk to the media or other people. Perhaps your perception has deviated because of this."

Lin Xun looked at him, a little dazed. "Am I smiling?"

Dong Jun, "Yes."

"I..." Lin Xun patted his face, and felt the unusual stiffness caused by maintaining a certain micro-expression for a long time. He buried his face on Pointer and collapsed a little. "Sorry..."

Dong Jun's voice was able to take on a gentle tone. "It's okay."

"I may not be able to control it," Lin Xun raised his head, feeling a little hot, he said, "I am your stubborn fan after all. In fact, I had no idea I was smiling. I always felt I was expressionless."