Chapter 98 D-L (4)

Breakup time was over.

Dong Jun kissed Lin Xun's forehead.

Although twenty minutes had already passed, they did not make any progress in their discussion of this issue. Lin Xun was also aware that they couldn't get to any conclusion, because this kind of thing can't be solved in ten or twenty minutes, even ten or twenty years is not enough. Sometimes, it takes not just time to do something.

"I hope I can figure it out in this lifetime." Lin Xun said, "Or see others solve it, as long as it is solved, I won't be jealous."

Then he sighed. "This kind of thing is a milestone."

Strong artificial intelligence is still an unattainable imagination. It is conceivable that if it is realized one day, not only will it be a milestone in technology, but will also affect the entire human race and the existing social structures, just like how human civilization has been deeply affected by the two Industrial Revolutions.

After speaking, he looked at Dong Jun.

Dong Jun looked at Lin Xun, listening intently, and the white curtains behind him surged like waves.

Lin Xun lowered his eyes slightly. "I...."

Dong Jun: "What?"

"I'm a bit...embarrassed?" Lin Xun said, and smiled. "The topic just now, strong artificial intelligence, is very whimsical. If I were talking with other people, I definitely wouldn't say it, I'm afraid that they will say that I am daydreaming. But facing you...I suddenly wanted to talk."

"It's okay." Dong Jun looked away and looked out the window. "You are good."

Lin Xun stood up. "Go for a walk?"

Dong Jun, "Yeah."

After walking out of the room, the corridor stretched upwards, and the predominantly white building made the whole house look like a snow cave.

It was cold, this was Lin Xun's first impression.

He remembered the case that Officer Zhou told him, and wanted to investigate it, but he was worried that this place was also involved with devils, and since he was a walking devil attracting machine, he was afraid that it would hurt Dong Jun, so he didn't say anything and just followed Dong Jun, wandering aimlessly around the house while using the Sky Eye technique to observe the surroundings.

All was quiet.

His eyes swept across a row of abstract paintings. This was a piano room. 

"It's weird," he said.

The frantic lines revealed some frenzied atmosphere. Lin Xun couldn't describe exactly how he felt when he saw this thing, he just found it to be messy—he liked things to have a regular pattern.

He continued to look at the next painting, and while looking at it, he asked, "Does the doctor like these things?"

Dong Jun was not looking at the paintings but was leaning against the piano; he replied faintly, "Not him." 

Lin Xun, "Would that be his wife?"

"Some of these were left behind by the original owner of the property." Dong Jun said, "He is a very famous director, and the doctor likes him. Some of his strong personal styles were preserved in the house."

Lin Xun, "Oh, I see."

The word "director" attracted his attention. Officer Zhou said that the incidents that happened in this manor were similar to what they encountered in the basement of Xicheng District, and both seemed to be related to film. Anyone who has studied probability theory would know that there were not so many coincidences in the world.

He also felt that the artworks, and the room decorations revealed a sense of insanity. Their personalities and behaviors of people who liked these kinds of things usually differ from ordinary people.

"I don't like it however." Lin Xun said, "I feel very uncomfortable. Maybe it's too artistic."

Dong Jun said, "What do you like?"

"I like your house very much." Lin Xun said, "It is very regular, I feel very comfortable."  

After speaking, he looked back at Dong Jun—he realized that he wanted to look back at Dong Jun from time to time. They had just known each other for only 20 days, but the habit had developed so quickly.

Then he happened to coincidentally meet Dong Jun's gaze.

Dong Jun leaned on the grand piano. No matter from which angle he looked, he was beautiful—his facial features were very symmetrical. Lin Xun often wanted to measure this person's eyebrows and eyes with a ruler to see if they fit the golden ratio. Dong Jun's clothes today had no other colors, just black and white, like piano keys. 

This person, just like his house, seemed to be growing according to Lin Xun's aesthetics.

And this beauty looked at Lin Xun so deeply that the word "look" was insufficient to describe just how deeply he "looked"; "gaze" was a more fitting word, and there seemed to be some complicated emotions in his eyes.

However, there had always been a lot of emotions in Dong Jun's eyes, and within two seconds of gazing, those indescribable things peacefully transited into a normal look. 

Lin Xun smiled. "Why are you looking at me?"

Dong Jun's eyes were slightly curved.

Lin Xun didn't probe into it further. Actually, it wasn't the first time that this scene happened; he felt that Dong Jun either liked him very, very much, or Dong Jun wanted something from him.

The former was more probable. Apart from having a better brain than others, he had nothing special, and Dong Jun was not lacking when it came to brains either.

Lin Xun looked away.

At this moment, he saw a dark shadow suddenly slither past on the ground!

He suddenly turned his head and looked out the door!

If there were devils, then the devils would definitely be attracted by him; where Lin Xun was, devils were sure to follow—this has practically become an immovable established law.