Chapter 56 Duplication (7)

"The operation method of the system is to simulate the logic of a human driving a car." Lin Xun wrote a simple prompt, saying, "Then, by optimizing the priority determination criteria and improving the modest mode, the group of people who need fast driving vehicles can reach their destination in the shortest time; the results obtained by the other group from then on will be based on a recursive sequence. It is equivalent to assuming that every car has, um...noble morality by humbly declining requests, and this will improve the efficiency of the entire system."

"But this may not be the optimal solution. I mean, it can reach the highest efficiency in attaining normal human logic, but it's not the ceiling." Lin Xun paused. "It's just an assumption. We set the rules of the road and the flashing duration of traffic lights, as well as the speed limit... these things are all incorporated into the automatic driving system, and they are added to the system scheduling as variables. For example, the speed limit is set in advance during peak hours, or the traffic light time is dynamically adjusted according to the number of vehicles waiting for the light to change. I don't know much about traffic theory, so this idea is very limited. But the central idea is that when a car starts its autopilot trip, all traffic rules will accommodate it to a certain extent."

After a short silence, Jiang Yun said, "This question had been initially considered, but it is not mathematically feasible."

He continued, "When a local rule is changed, this change will affect other parts of the system... You should understand. In this case, if the overall calculation is performed, the magnitude of the calculation far exceeds the level we are capable of reaching right now."

Another person next to Jiang Yun wrote a line of formula on white paper, and with a slight accusation in his voice, "According to the theory of the Ripple Effect, when there are multiple ripples on the water surface, they will counteract each other, requiring one to keep making changes in order to keep the system working, which in turn imposes even more changes and so on, in short everything becomes a mess. In this case, the calculation is in chaos, and the final efficiency becomes even lower than that of manual logic."

Lin Xun glanced at them but did not speak. He tapped the whiteboard twice using the pen, refreshed a blank page, and wrote a formula on it too.

Then, he turned to the conference table; this time, he did not look at Jiang Yun and the others, but at Dong Jun.

Dong Jun and Pointer looked at him together.

According to Lin Xun's analysis, Dong Jun remained at ease and did not show any obvious displeasure.

Lin Xun smiled.

He continued, "I know the ripple theory. But this is actually what I want to talk about."

"The transmission and chain reaction of disturbances will eventually form a chaos-like model, or some... phenomenon that conforms to the uncertainty principle. However, the nonlinear system theory has been making breakthroughs in the past two years. To a certain extent, it is not a problem which can't be solved."

"I have been listening to your opinions for the past two hours, and I got a little bit of inspiration. I improved the Duale model. In theory, it can be adapted to the entire system."

Lin Xun looked at the expressions of the people in the conference room — they were sitting upright, and many of them had obviously corrected their attitudes properly, but Lin Xun confirmed from their reactions that these people had only heard of this model for the first time. This was normal. The field was too deep. At present, it was still considered as a means to amuse oneself in a purely mathematical sense, and had not yet been connected with computer science.

He said, "...First, let me introduce the Duale model."

He explained the concept of this model from the basics.