Chapter 73 Artificial Amentia (9)

Pointer meowed.

Lin Xun looked at it while thinking about the conversation with Lin Kexin.

"The relationship between the devil world and the human world is like the ocean and a ship at sea.

"Devils have always been on the periphery of the world, waiting for an opportunity to occupy the human world. When cracks appear on the bottom planks of the ship and sea water seeps in, they will have the opportunity to attack and infect humans."

But Lin Xun was curious.

"There is so much water in the sea, isn't that enough? Why must they attack the human world?" Whenever he watches a disaster movie, he would always be confused about this, and such movies would often explain the villain's motives like this—there was something important that they wanted to obtain from this world.

Lin Xun didn't know what it was, but according to his observations, he was the focus of these devils. So there was around 60% probability that that thing was related to him—what kind of relation, he didn't know, but he will find out one day.

And the cultivators in the human world had cultivation skills and could kill devils that mortals can't deal with. "Are they equivalent to the crew in charge of maintaining the ship?

"But the power of the maintenance crew is limited. They also need a captain who can magically solve all problems. They don't know who this captain is, anyway, it couldn't be Pointer, that's too ridiculous."

As he was thinking about it, Pointer "meowed" in an unpleasant tone.

His wandering thoughts had been discovered.

Lin Xun rubbed its head. "Don't be angry, don't be angry..."

Pointer lay down on his chest.

He closed his eyes.

——Then, even after lying there for forty minutes, he still did not feel sleepy at all, and he became very anxious.

After serious consideration, he slowly picked up his phone and sent three words to Dong Jun, combining Anquan and Jiagou's suggestion.

"I can't sleep."

After a while, the screen lighted up.

Dong Jun: Come here.

Lin Xun hugged the cat and felt that he really looked like a person being kept.

After passing through a corridor with handrails, he knocked on the door with Pointer in his arms, then he looked down at Pointer's programming interface afterwards.

He heard Dong Jun say from inside, "Come in."

Dong Jun's room had a similar layout to the one he had been in. There wasn't any distinction between the master bedroom and the guest room, but the style of this room was colder—there was a sharp contrast between black and white, and the extremely simple decoration assaulted the senses like the frigid air from a snow-capped mountain.

Right away, Lin Xun rubbed his eyes amid this cold and indifferent environment.

After rubbing his eyes, he put down his fingers, surprised.

"Why do I suddenly feel sleepy as soon as I entered the room?"

He was certain that he hadn't been sleepy a moment ago. 

Dong Jun didn't seem to have any plans of sleeping either. He looked up from behind the computer screen and raised his eyebrows after seeing Lin Xun rubbing his eyes. "You aren't used to the bed?"